• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Valkyria Chronicles 4 Game Slated for Fall in the West

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:33 am Reply with quote
It's rumored to be October 16 according to a number of retail outlets, but that would put it within 10 days before Red Dead Redemption 2...
Nyren

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:17 am Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
It's rumored to be October 16 according to a number of retail outlets, but that would put it within 10 days before Red Dead Redemption 2...
RIP
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:19 am Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:

I hardly think that VC4 would have the same target market as Red Dead Redemption!!!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:29 am Reply with quote
Localizing VC3 would be a good idea before releasing VC4, just saying. Also not taking 5 years to port to PC would be great.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:19 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Localizing VC3 would be a good idea before releasing VC4, just saying. Also not taking 5 years to port to PC would be great.
at this point the only way for a VC3 localization would require Sega to do an HD remaster of the game (and they might as well do the same for 2 even though a lot of people didn't like 2)
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:47 pm Reply with quote
As a person who primarily plays Xbox does anyone think I would have had to play the previous entries prior to this one to understand what's going on story wise?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
No. It's basically WWII setting. You will be easily able to keep up story-wise. While 1,2, and 3 all take place in the same world, they all can be played independent of each other.

That said, I do recommend playing the first VC game just because it will be a very good measuring stick of whether or not you'll enjoy VC4's gameplay.

@TheNighster I don't think that's true. There are so many handheld ports nowadays that as long as they don't release it full price then there will be people who want to play it, even if the graphics are not all that impressive. I think a localized VC3 port would do well on Steam and the Switch. No English VA needeed, just add subtitles and release it already.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
No. It's basically WWII setting. You will be easily able to keep up story-wise. While 1,2, and 3 all take place in the same world, they all can be played independent of each other.
That said, I do recommend playing the first VC game just because it will be a very good measuring stick of whether or not you'll enjoy VC4's gameplay.

VC1 has the more memorable characters and storyline, and its a good bridge into the "Anime-fantasy Europe" setting and lighter WWII-combat gameplay. (Ie, turn-based, and not as heavy as Call of Duty, perhaps.)
The sequels may try to up the gameplay antes, but the original is basic enough to hook the first-timer.

Also, if Sega US does bring over the Alicia & Welkin DLC, it'll mean more that way. Anime smile
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

@TheNighster I don't think that's true. There are so many handheld ports nowadays

How many of those ports are untouched ports of 10 year old games originally released on a handheld?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1