• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Happy Sugar Life Horror Manga Gets TV Anime in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Interesting premise that could go horribly wrong depending on the age of the girl (if its ever been revealed)

Given the synopsis, I wouldn't be surprised if she is actually something different than she appears (although based on other messages here, if that is the case, it apparently hasn't been revealed yet).
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:12 pm Reply with quote
bronia wrote:
I used to follow the manga. I just got more and more uncomfortable the more I realized how creepy it was re:Shio's age (which I interpreted as 5-6). I might give the anime a try or try to start again with the manga, but I'm not sure... I can't wait to get more anime adaptations of nice happy yuri (more like Kase-san) instead of the dark, creepy stuff (like NTR, Citrus, Happy Sugar Life).

I think that is the point of the manga. Its a horror + psychological. Its suppose to get you (the reader) into the head about how utterly creepy it is. Personally, I am really excited for this because I really enjoyed the manga and really do need to catch up on it.

The more I would like to agree on the happy GL/yuri.... I gotta say no because there are SO MANY 'creepy' BL and NL (NL = straight couples in Japanese terms). So why not for the yuri? I find it utterly refreshing because there are a lot of slice of life or just regular high school days with sexual tension yuri. And it does have a high schooler but you get to see how she is not playing those average days and you meet a lot of different type of characters too. Its wrong of me but I really do like Satou's character. I should not be rooting for her but I am because she is trying so desperately keep the #1 person in her life that makes her happy. She wants to basically live a Happy Sugar Life and keep it that way. Seeing her go through struggles and handle them is something I am curious to see.
zensunni

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
Wow! From what I've read of this manga it is definitely in the "Awww isn't that cute as... WTF!!!! That's just FREAKIN' WRONG!!!!!" category... I'm pretty shocked that it got an anime...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2