• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Choose Promised Neverland, Psyren for Anime Wishlist

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fenrin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Very surprised to see 10 Dance take first place Surprised that makes me feel optimistic for an anime adaption, especially with all the new bl adaptions suddenly coming out. From the negative reactions I've heard of Welcome to the Ballroom, 10 Dance might even make for a better dance anime if it were adapted.
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Psyren so desperately needs an anime, I hope it gets one. Gangsta needs a continuation and imo Chivalry of a Failed knight needs a second season
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Hisagi wrote:
Just a matter of time when Promised Neverland gets an adaptation. Not "if".
I just hope it will be like Shokugeki no Soma with more and more seasons coming out, and not like Kaiji and Chihayafuru. Anyway I still have high hopes for continuation of these two.

Please no?! Confused I really enjoy Food Wars but I almost despise the way it was adapted because in that gap between the second and third season, they animated some OVAs and just choose to skip over that content once it finally got another season greenlit. I'm still not sure if it's available or not? Probably on Hidive but I didn't see it promoted. It's all slapdash and rushes through content like the Moon Festival; it crammed into less than 12 episodes because they also needed to get to the Stagiaire arc, after a 2 cour first season.

I haven't seen Kaiji yet, but I'd much rather prefer an adaptation like Chihayafuru where even if they weren't able to animate the whole thing (wasn't it greenlit for a third season very recently, anyway?), the content covered was done at a pace that doesn't feel bonkers. My Hero had almost the opposite problem where it felt like the first season was almost stalling to make sure they can end the 12th and last episode of the first season on some climax. The sequel gave them way more episodes to work with, and so they could use fluff time for scenes that work like in-canon filler.

If anything, because of the oft-discussed editor's comment about the story being half over, I wouldn't be surprised if TPN will get animated once the entire story is finished, so they can do the whole thing at once in like 3 cours like Death Note. Worst timeline would be a movie trilogy like Berserk

On the subject of Psyren, I reread the whole thing last summer thanks to a digital sale I took advantage from Viz a while back. It still holds up as a thrilling action series! I think it could do really well as an anime but I wouldn't count on it unless there's some rich producer who loves it as much as me. I really hope Toshiaki Iwashiro can hit it big in Shonen Jump like Horikoshi did... unless he can find success somewhere else without compromising his ideas
Redlinks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I honestly wish Space Bros would get a second season. We've gotten more manga content to make more anime episodes.
UncouthFive

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
The Promised Neverland Anime. Coming fall 2019 by Studio WIT or Bones.
Why so late into next year? I think it could get an anime this fall or winter 2019 based on the first arc.
1dbad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:54 pm Reply with quote
gaptoothsailor wrote:
If anything, because of the oft-discussed editor's comment about the story being half over, I wouldn't be surprised if TPN will get animated once the entire story is finished, so they can do the whole thing at once in like 3 cours like Death Note. Worst timeline would be a movie trilogy like Berserk

I don't think Promised Neverland will be ending anytime soon. There's still a lot to do, with more than enough content for a few more arcs. No way they'd be able to adapt it all in 3 measly cours.
Sobe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to see the breakout of demographics pertaining to who voted for what and the total number of votes overall.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:06 pm Reply with quote
gaptoothsailor wrote:
On the subject of Psyren, I reread the whole thing last summer thanks to a digital sale I took advantage from Viz a while back. It still holds up as a thrilling action series! I think it could do really well as an anime but I wouldn't count on it unless there's some rich producer who loves it as much as me. I really hope Toshiaki Iwashiro can hit it big in Shonen Jump like Horikoshi did... unless he can find success somewhere else without compromising his ideas

Man, I thought he was going to get a hit with Kagamigami, but that was also axed and pretty fast too. Hopefully, a Psyren anime could happen and it might motivate Iwashiro to make that next big hit... I'm pretty optimistic, I know.
Flü

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Yes, please!
Psyren was one of the best written manga to ever run in WSJ. It was super underrated and didn't deserve the treatment it got. It was shafted by the editors back in the day and barely got any PR (like cover arts).
Srsly, a good Psyren-adaptation after the Vinland Saga announcement would be too good to be to true.

The Promised Neverland is also a pretty good series. I'm almost certain that it will get an adaptation at some point, considering its popularity.
myskaros

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
gaptoothsailor wrote:
I really hope Toshiaki Iwashiro can hit it big in Shonen Jump like Horikoshi did... unless he can find success somewhere else without compromising his ideas

Yeah, Iwashiro and Kanou Yasuhiro are two authors I'm still hoping turn out something amazing. Psyren and Mx0 were my favorite mangas back in the day D:
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I've been asking for a Psyren anime since it became a mainstay in the English Shonen Jump back in the late 00s. Hope it happens one day.
Calico

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Neat, but why weren't the actual rankings that each title got actually in the article? With the way the titles are ordered in the article, you'd think Umehara Fighting Gamers! came in first place, with Kyūketsuki Sugu Shinu second, and so on, but that's not the case at all.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Well Psyren isn't bad, but from the beginning till the end it's nothing more than mediocre.
sonryu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm all for The Promised Neverland, but I'd also like to see Dr. Stone animated Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:42 pm Reply with quote
sonryu wrote:
I'm all for The Promised Neverland, but I'd also like to see Dr. Stone animated Smile

I'm sure next year we'll get The Promised Neverland, Dr. Stone and Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3