• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Cutie Honey Universe Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:25 am Reply with quote
Friki del Mal wrote:
Blatch wrote:
People thought PonyCan would get this based on them posting a trailer, but I guess it was never set in stone. This is also definitely the kind of show that deserves a fast dub, so I hope HIDIVE gets on that soon enough.

Maybe this means the new Fist of the Blue Sky anime will go to another company as well? Wink

It'll go to Amazon Prime Video.
it would have if Amazon's anime strike didn't fail
positronic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:41 am Reply with quote
I know I'm late to this topic. Truth is that I've just been watching the Discotek DVDs of Cutie Honey '73 and got all fired up. Why did I wait five years before buying that? The truth is it had been on my want list since it was first announced, but its release happened to coincide with a time where a lot more good classic stuff was getting released than my disposable income could keep up with, so my want list kept getting longer.

Also, every time I'd consider buying it (been a fan of Honey since the '94 New Cutie OVAs), I'd worry that there was no possible way the original series could live up to the epic expectations I'd built up for it in my mind, and when I actually got around to viewing it I was bound to experience disappointment. You know... since sometimes when you look at those series you have huge nostalgia for in terms of remembering them since you were much younger, and when viewed again decades later, the nostalgia itself is pretty much the only thing left to carry your feelings for it. I was wondering if anything made in 1973 which I'd never, ever seen before could possibly seem that great by my critical standards today.

Boy, I'm happy to report that both the show itself and Discotek's DVDs exceeded my by-now-modulated expectations by FAR, as is totally deserving of its legendary status in every regard. I needn't have been worried about being disappointed. It really was awesome in every way I could possibly expect it to be -- the character designs, the eye-popping colors, the retro-cool fashion vibe, almost psychedelic approach to backgrounds, bizarre villainesses, electric-organ and wok-a-chicka guitar BGM score, and the general playful naughtyness -- all of it.

So now I'm hot to see ALL of those CH sequel/remake series, especially Re:, The Live, and Universe.

Is there somewhere I can go right NOW to view CH Universe streaming, and/or are there any plans for Sentai to release the series as a box set of discs?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3