Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hanebad! Badminton TV Anime Casts Yuuna Mimura, Konomi Kohara




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Afezeria



Joined: 20 Aug 2015
Posts: 803
Location: Malaysia, Kuantan.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:18 am Reply with quote
Anyone know if this is gonna have romance or just some friendship stuff? How large is the roles played by the boys?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 7805
Location: IL
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:50 am Reply with quote
Boys? There's more than the coach? Seeing how it's an all-girls school that'd be pretty hard to pull off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sweaf



Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Posts: 32
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
Badminton is the only sport I play. Definitely will check this one out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Hayabusa



Joined: 30 May 2012
Posts: 1252
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:43 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Anyone know if this is gonna have romance or just some friendship stuff? How large is the roles played by the boys?


Megiddo wrote:
Boys? There's more than the coach? Seeing how it's an all-girls school that'd be pretty hard to pull off.


If you are actually expecting some yuri or even yuri subtext in this anime, you may as well forget it. Someone said a few weeks ago that the manga does not have any of that and there are more boys from what I have seen. If you are a yuri fan, this can be Two Car and/or Uma Musume at worst for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Megiddo



Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 7805
Location: IL
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
I was expecting a light harem-tone if anything, something like Bamboo Blade but with only girls on the team. Hearing that there will be more boys actually makes me more interested in this, thanks. I knew it wouldn't be yuri. There would be no point in having a male protagonist if it was yuri.

Last edited by Megiddo on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getchman
He started itHe started it


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 8661
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
Two car had a least one yuri pairing. they loved to remind us every ep. they just weren't the main characters. Kinda unfortunate too, since they were pretty funny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Morgan B.



Joined: 05 Jun 2017
Posts: 58
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:50 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Afezeria wrote:
Anyone know if this is gonna have romance or just some friendship stuff? How large is the roles played by the boys?


Megiddo wrote:
Boys? There's more than the coach? Seeing how it's an all-girls school that'd be pretty hard to pull off.


If you are actually expecting some yuri or even yuri subtext in this anime, you may as well forget it. Someone said a few weeks ago that the manga does not have any of that and there are more boys from what I have seen. If you are a yuri fan, this can be Two Car and/or Uma Musume at worst for you.

Aww, I bet you’re just salty from watching the last episode of “Citrus". Just kidding.
And I’m not the type for sports anime, FYI. Uma Musume is just PA Works (fake-ass KyoAni) trying to sound original and Two Car is plagued with archetypes abound. Trust me, you’re not the only one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Hayabusa



Joined: 30 May 2012
Posts: 1252
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I was expecting a light harem-tone if anything, something like Bamboo Blade but with only girls on the team. Hearing that there will be more boys actually makes me more interested in this, thanks. I knew it wouldn't be yuri. There would be no point in having a male protagonist if it was yuri.

I would rather have a mixed cast (balanced girls-to-boys ratio) than a self-insert cast (cute girls and one boy). Hopefully, this anime turns out ok for you.

getchman wrote:
Two car had a least one yuri pairing. they loved to remind us every ep. they just weren't the main characters. Kinda unfortunate too, since they were pretty funny

Two Car tried to be another yuribait like Hibike Euphonium and Little Witch Academia and it crashed and burned so hard. In all seriousness, that anime was overall a total (side)carwreck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
koukokaminaga



Joined: 04 Oct 2017
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:22 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
I was expecting a light harem-tone if anything, something like Bamboo Blade but with only girls on the team. Hearing that there will be more boys actually makes me more interested in this, thanks. I knew it wouldn't be yuri. There would be no point in having a male protagonist if it was yuri.

I would rather have a mixed cast (balanced girls-to-boys ratio) than a self-insert cast (cute girls and one boy). Hopefully, this anime turns out ok for you.

getchman wrote:
Two car had a least one yuri pairing. they loved to remind us every ep. they just weren't the main characters. Kinda unfortunate too, since they were pretty funny

Two Car tried to be another yuribait like Hibike Euphonium and Little Witch Academia and it crashed and burned so hard. In all seriousness, that anime was overall a total (side)carwreck.


But the males aren’t actually focused in the manga it’s more
Like they are there but background the entire
Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
koukokaminaga



Joined: 04 Oct 2017
Posts: 4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Also this is a sports manga there is literally not one tone of romance in this but a girl with mother issues and a coach trying to make a good ass badminton team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Afezeria



Joined: 20 Aug 2015
Posts: 803
Location: Malaysia, Kuantan.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
If it's got no straight romance and just some determined badminton session, hell, that's fine by me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ICO44



Joined: 28 Aug 2015
Posts: 78
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't need no romance or yuri. We finally getting serious sports anime with female leads and I'm sooo happy about that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group