• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fire Punch GN 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 pm Reply with quote
gotta admit that the premise really hooked me but my interest really waned over the volumes.

Most of it is because of Agni's character development which is just really, really absurd. I mean I will admit that it's unique and that I didn't really see the direction his character was going in but just because its unique doesn't automatically make it good.

As a whole, I would, in fact, rate it a C or B- if I'm being unusually generous. It's just not good enough, without delving into spoilers there are so many small things that should have been different and it could have been a whole different beast.

That and later down the line I feel like the author lost the fire (haha) he originally had because the direction he went in. There was little indication that(some of) the plot twists were planned at all and was just thrown out like so and so happened just because.

and on a final spoiler note spoiler[I really don't understand why the author needed to go the incest route. I mean I understand why it was a 'thing' at the beginning since these are 2 kids possibly going through puberty with no(proper or moral) adult supervision but to devolve back into it in the later volumes feels like the author just wanted to satisfy a fetish and wasn't the direction the characters should have gone in.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2