Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam 00 Anime Gets Sequel Project


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 2012
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am Reply with quote
I loved the anime but was a little let down with the movie, so I'm glad a sequel is happening since it can give us a better ending for the 00 saga. I do wonder if they will set it in spoiler[the timeskip after Setsuna left or all the way in the future after he returned]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deacon Blues



Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 267
Location: Albuquerque, NM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:57 am Reply with quote
AkaRed wrote:
But hope next year we will get a Crossbone Gundam Anime.


Oh, why yes. Sunrise will clearly waste their 40th anniversary on a craptastic manga courtesy of a once talented man who seems to infuriate sponsors and higher ups at the main office. Yes. That will definitely happen. Sorry, the series is nearly 25 years old. It won't be happening. If anything they'd need to correct F91 first.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pajmo9



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 630
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Gundam 00... that show was great... for about the first 12 episodes.

I can think of about 5 AU's I would have rather seen a sequel to. I really hope that that announcement about a new Gundam website wasn't for this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zeino



Joined: 19 May 2017
Posts: 766
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:55 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand since I generally love 00 including even Awaking of the Trailblazer, I'm happy for a continuation of some kind. On the other, I really don't want a sequel that undermines all the struggles that the Celestial Being team went through over the course of 2 seasons and a movie. I had enough of that back in UC Gundam or even worse, the fanfic horror that is Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop which I pray never gets animated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2TimesCrazy



Joined: 12 Sep 2017
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm laughing at everyone thinking this is a anime sequel. They did a stage reading at the 00 festival and announced a sequel stage reading in 2019. There is no new anime. There is no new movie. Its not happening. The stage reading will have content post 00 Awakening of the Trail Blazer so in a sense it is a sequel to the movie and series but it's not going to be a anime. Sorry to burst everyones bubble.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zeino



Joined: 19 May 2017
Posts: 766
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:14 pm Reply with quote
2TimesCrazy wrote:
I'm laughing at everyone thinking this is a anime sequel. They did a stage reading at the 00 festival and announced a sequel stage reading in 2019. There is no new anime. There is no new movie. Its not happening. The stage reading will have content post 00 Awakening of the Trail Blazer so in a sense it is a sequel to the movie and series but it's not going to be a anime. Sorry to burst everyones bubble.


https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2018/04/mobile-suit-gundam-00s-next-project.html

Seems like something far bigger than just a stage play to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Primus



Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 2556
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Deacon Blues wrote:
AkaRed wrote:
But hope next year we will get a Crossbone Gundam Anime.


Oh, why yes. Sunrise will clearly waste their 40th anniversary on a craptastic manga courtesy of a once talented man who seems to infuriate sponsors and higher ups at the main office. Yes. That will definitely happen. Sorry, the series is nearly 25 years old. It won't be happening. If anything they'd need to correct F91 first.


There is no Gundam without Tomino. Expecting him to be completely absent from an anniversary year is optimistic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Charred Knight



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 3085
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:04 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
Gundam 00... that show was great... for about the first 12 episodes.

I can think of about 5 AU's I would have rather seen a sequel to. I really hope that that announcement about a new Gundam website wasn't for this.


Gundam 00 totally holds up for the first 30 episodes, then it falls off a cliff full of one sided battles, and delusional villains who arent really a threat to our heroes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lukenago



Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 15
Location: Fl
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Good news, loved Gundam 00, excited to see where it will go Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grooven



Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 1351
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote
If only it erases the stupidity of that movie >.> That was so horrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angel'sArcanum



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 300
Location: Toronto, Ontario
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
pajmo9 wrote:
Gundam 00... that show was great... for about the first 12 episodes.

I can think of about 5 AU's I would have rather seen a sequel to. I really hope that that announcement about a new Gundam website wasn't for this.


Gundam 00 totally holds up for the first 30 episodes, then it falls off a cliff full of one sided battles, and delusional villains who arent really a threat to our heroes.


I gotta agree with Pajmo9 actually, once Trinity was introduced, the show shot to hell. Was decent before then, but that just signaled its downfall hard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer
Enjoying the time of EVEEnjoying the time of EVE


Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 7876
Location: Minnesota, USA
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
It's one of my favorite Gundam series, so that's pretty cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 6680
Location: London, UK
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I, for one, can only express my cautious optimism regarding the Gundam 01 project. (Of all potential names, this is the only sensible candidate)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Titus-A



Joined: 21 Nov 2017
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:38 pm Reply with quote
00 is one of the weaker of the passable Gundam series. When you got greats like Wing, X, and SEED and some of UC and AGE, 00 comes off as rather uninspiring and dull. Still, at least it's not Turn A or G-Wrecko. However, the movie was just dumb, introducing T-1000 aliens out of nowhere. Just a crappy way to end the series. I'd like for an alternate ending that completely ignores the alien crap.

On another note, Crossbone Vanguard is long overdue, and we should be getting that SEED Eternity movie by now instead of a 00 sequel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zetabag



Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 203
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Huh
Out of all the AU universes 00 was probably the last one I expected to get a sequel considering how it ended. Though if this is set during the time skip near the end of the movie then i guess that's sort of a sequel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group