• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Spring 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NicoleNippah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:59 pm Reply with quote
lebrel wrote:
JacobC wrote:
Rika Hue wrote:
Last season was Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, so this season Yotsuiro Biyori, maybe...?

Looks like all the other popular and otherwise well-received stuff got in, no surprises there

I mean, strictly speaking, it's Magical Girl Site, if you're talking about stuff that polled well enough to maybe cover (if we're being charitable, which we try to be), but lack of resources/interest on the reviewer side won out. Either way, both MGS and HTR were the fringe exclusions of their season in the poll.

Will there be a season review of HTR at some point? I think it just kind of got lost in the recent flood of anime, and deserves more of an audience than it seems to have gotten.

I really hope we get a season review for HTR, I was upset when it didn't get a daily streaming review, it was really underrated, HTR deserves more love.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:29 am Reply with quote
Time Bandit wrote:
I still stand by IDOLiSH7. This show is really really good, and it's sad that it gets so little recognition here. It's not just pretty boys, but amazing music and a damn good story (that I was not expecting in the slightest!) as well. Honestly, I am crossing my fingers that the app will get an English release, cause hells yes will I play that.

I remember actually finding that series tolerable. I'm looking for review candidates from Winter 2018 series that didn't get episode reviews, so I might give it a try myself once the last two episodes air.

Concerning the Spring 2018 season, out of morbid curiosity I watched the just-released second episode of Magical Girl Site and it was actually tolerable as dark magical girl series go. Me doing a cumulative review at the end of the season is a probability now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Time Bandit wrote:
I still stand by IDOLiSH7. This show is really really good, and it's sad that it gets so little recognition here. It's not just pretty boys, but amazing music and a damn good story (that I was not expecting in the slightest!) as well. Honestly, I am crossing my fingers that the app will get an English release, cause hells yes will I play that.

I remember actually finding that series tolerable. I'm looking for review candidates from Winter 2018 series that didn't get episode reviews, so I might give it a try myself once the last two episodes air.

Uhh, don't remind me that it's almost over! Anime hyper I didn't know anything about IDOLiSH7 before watching the anime, or what to expect going into it, but it turned out to be one of my favorites of the winter season, and I actually have plans to binge watch it all at once real soon (yeah I found it that good!).

Also Hakata Tonkoksu Ramens. I LOVED this show. I'm ashamed as an anime fan, that it was so underrated. This was a really fun ride, with great voice acting, and an interesting storyline.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:11 am Reply with quote
Is there a specific reason as to why Nick isn't reviewing anything?

If it wasn't for 3-gatsu last season, this would basically be two seasons in a row without him having a show to review.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 am Reply with quote
Time Bandit wrote:
Merida wrote:
Not like i'm surprised that most of the anime aimed at female viewers didn't make it, as usual...

...yeah...I'm noticing this as a trend as well...

Last season we didn't get reviews for Saniro Boys, Touken Ranbu 2, and IDOLiSH7. And this season we didn't get Libra of Nil or Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori. Kinda sad 'bout all of these cause I voted for all of them. I love me some bishounen. <3

It's not for lack of interest on a reviewer's part - I volunteered for most of those shows. Smile IDOLiSH7's also on my radar for a full review, so Theron and I will duke it out. Laughing
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 am Reply with quote
JacobC wrote:

Rika Hue wrote:
Last season was Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, so this season Yotsuiro Biyori, maybe...?

Looks like all the other popular and otherwise well-received stuff got in, no surprises there

I mean, strictly speaking, it's Magical Girl Site, if you're talking about stuff that polled well enough to maybe cover (if we're being charitable, which we try to be), but lack of resources/interest on the reviewer side won out. Either way, both MGS and HTR were the fringe exclusions of their season in the poll.

Between MGS and Yotsuiro Biyori, Yotsuiro is more likely the one to turn out "good". Based on the few posts here, Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens is really loved by the few who watched it. It would be nice if Yotsuiro has a similar response by its end. Seems like it has that potential.

Last edited by Rika Hue on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Time Bandit wrote:
Merida wrote:
Not like i'm surprised that most of the anime aimed at female viewers didn't make it, as usual...

...yeah...I'm noticing this as a trend as well...

Last season we didn't get reviews for Saniro Boys, Touken Ranbu 2, and IDOLiSH7. And this season we didn't get Libra of Nil or Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori. Kinda sad 'bout all of these cause I voted for all of them. I love me some bishounen. <3

It's not for lack of interest on a reviewer's part - I volunteered for most of those shows. Smile IDOLiSH7's also on my radar for a full review, so Theron and I will duke it out. Laughing

Ohhh, I can't wait for that review! Very Happy

Seriously though...I can't tell you how many times I've watched episode 9...it's comedy gold for me. Embarassed
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:03 pm Reply with quote
BlueBeast33 wrote:
Is there a specific reason as to why Nick isn't reviewing anything?

If it wasn't for 3-gatsu last season, this would basically be two seasons in a row without him having a show to review.

Nick's taking a break from daily streaming reviews, he would have started that break last season, but he had to finish out March first since no one else was caught up on it.
Toonces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really surprised MGS didn't get picked up. I'm sure that first episode drove away a ton of people, and I'm not surprised the reviewers were repelled. I read the first 4 volumes of the manga, and I do think it gets fairly interesting, but it's definitely not for the faint of heart. The first chapter/episode is one of the worst, but it remains fairly grim.

scowler wrote:
If Doreiku was on Crunchyroll instead of HIDIVE, it would have made the list.

I dunno, while the show could've been a lot of fun if Chris Farris reviewed it (the manga was a pretty big trainwreck that reminded me of King's Game by the end), the first episode was also boring and grimy. Similarly to MGS, I can see people not being moved to vote for it.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 am Reply with quote
I know it is just a build fighters spin off, but I'm a bit shocked Gundam didn't make the cut.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5