• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Anime Producer Yuichi Fukushima Endures Harassment Over DARLING in the FRANKXX Episode

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:49 am Reply with quote
One of the great things about being an anime fan in this day and age is how easily you can communicate with those who work in the industry. But that’s also one of the worst things cause you get awful things like this happening. I’ve even heard Fraxxx fan artists got death threats too.

Regardless of whether or not you like the show, regardless of whether you think Franxx has better things to get mad about: death threats to anyone is just childish and pushes people away from being online at all. Even if they’re empty threats, these are still a bunch of idiots who think they can go up to a working professional and go “Hey you’re obligated to do what WE want and if you don’t you SUCK” until the person either gives in or blocks contact. And that hurts a lot more content creators and professionals than you’d think.

There’s “hating a character/ship for fun” and then there’s just being a colossal a-hole. Which I guess is a requirement to be an social media user nowadays.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:52 am Reply with quote
I already said this but here is a solution: spoiler[Just make a Zero x Ichigo yuri ending. Problem solved.]

In all seriousness, I do not watch the show spoiler[although those Zero Two x Ichigo yuri fanarts are really cute]. This kind of behavior and harassment coming from overzealous fans is uncalled for and embarrassing. However, this is just another day at the office. Those "threats" are that, nothing but words. I am sure that some of the staff members are drinking their tears right now.
Coco-girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes This is why I refuse to watch this. Too many idiots nowadays... like come on! I blame reddit for causing a commotion.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:53 am Reply with quote
I thought this was a western audience thing, but it seems to be coming from Japanese, Chinese, AND English speaking audiences. Otaku need to cool their jets I mean its already established that Zero Two and Hiro feelings are mutual and Ichigo can always apologize later on. Mad

The only real tragedy of this episode was Goro being friend zoned even further. He is my boi. xD Aside from episodes 10,11, and 13's stellar episodes the other ones were decent at best I'm mostly just watching for the mecha now. Not really as good as it was hyped up to be. Going to be lowering my score to a 6/10 if this keeps up. meh Confused
AnimeIsLiterature

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:38 am Reply with quote
For the sake of masterpieces creation, there must NEVER be interference with the creators labor. Do you imagine what would it be if Evangelion were just a mecha rom-com? I am sure Masashi Kishimoto also got some hate after killing characters in Naruto, but this is what makes a great work. Life (and anime, as a reflect of this one) is not a straight line, but is filled with sinuosity. The ones who made this can't be called anime fans, and I am sure there is a troll master behind.
Lero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:42 am Reply with quote
You all are so stupidly gullible.
Ichigo's VA has no Twitter to begin with.

EleutheroMaster wrote:
They weren't the only ones, unfortunately.

Ichigo's seiyuu, Kana Ichinose might also have been receiving death threats! It was mentioned on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarlingInTheFranxx/comments/8csrld/ichigo_voice_actor_alleged_received_death_threats/

Fake made up news. Dude gotta check your sources.
jedijenchan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:11 am Reply with quote
Remember, this is a work of fiction! Accept the story as it progresses. This kind of stuff is absolutely crazy. What's WRONG with people?
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:18 am Reply with quote
DigitalScratch wrote:

Regardless of whether or not you like the show, regardless of whether you think Franxx has better things to get mad about: death threats to anyone is just childish and pushes people away from being online at all. Even if they’re empty threats, these are still a bunch of idiots who think they can go up to a working professional and go “Hey you’re obligated to do what WE want and if you don’t you SUCK” until the person either gives in or blocks contact. And that hurts a lot more content creators and professionals than you’d think.

Couldn't have said it better.. these people making death threats over some anime, (that they will forget about and won't care in a year) have nothing better to do, just looking for things to get upset about. This overly sensitive, easily offended entitled children are everywhere nowdays, pushing their whiny demands in every types of fandom. They are just whiny entitled children in adult bodies, just looking for things to get emotional about.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:26 am Reply with quote
All this nonsense over a mediocre series. Laughing
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 am Reply with quote
AnimeIsLiterature wrote:
Do you imagine what would it be if Evangelion were just a mecha rom-com?

I would probably hate it less but it also wouldn't have made much of an impact on the industry in that genre.

Speaking of Eva, this episode in toxic anime fandom 101 reminds me of Anno and Gainax as a whole, would receive death threats from overzealous fans who hated how the production for the original show. To the point where Anno spent a good chunk of the End of Evangelion calling them out on their toxic behavior.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:37 am Reply with quote
The episode was really bad but not death threat bad. It is, after all, 2d characters. I was really excited when this series started but I've kinda lost hope at this point because it's clear it's never gonna be anything "more". I liked the sexual themes, but it should've been worked into a real story, not this cheap ass meandering love triangle.

I feel like you can justify a lot of the actions taken in the episode, but you have to think on it and not in the good way but in the "stretch" way. Writers didn't do a good job of setting it up.

But people aren't critiquing the show, they're just in a shipping war and making mindless and terrible threats. 4chan has latched onto this, and pretty much every comment section that is about Franxx is being flooded with batshit crazy posts.

Personally, I think generic blank-slate Hiro should get together with his generic blank-slate childhood friend. Zero Two kills everyone but Ikuno and they then live in yuri bliss. The end. Very Happy
DTJB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh no. Someone's ship isn't progressing like they hoped it would. Whatever will we do? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
I already said this but here is a solution: spoiler[Just make a Zero x Ichigo yuri ending. Problem solved.]

Man of culture right here
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I mean this show is frustrating to watch with how slow paced and directionless it is, but it isn't worth threatening the life of a group of people associated with it. They targeted Hana Ichinose who is just a voice actor, not a writer. This the kind of thing I'd expect Teen Titans fans to do.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:15 pm Reply with quote
TooLazyToComeUpWithaName wrote:
John Hayabusa wrote:

Man of culture right here

Why thank you. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5