• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Comic Girls

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
none of her advice has given way to actual improvement.

I feel like there is a bit of an misunderstanding. I do not think i.e. that j.k. rowling owes her success to her editor. The job of the editor is not to teach people how to be creative, but to identify what stories can be entertaining and within the demographic group they focus on. So her advice is a means to tell her what she did wrong, but that does not mean she will not make new mistakes or that just because they tell you "your story is boring me to tears" you will be able to write an enjoyable story just like that. The editor also check other manuscripts besides those Kaos brings her, the simple fact that she still reads them means she feels she is not a lost cause and that should be a reason enough for her to keep trying.
tsukumiyomi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
How can I down vote a review? The rate system above the review is useless, I want to give 1 star to the review, not to the episode I loved.
Kendra Kirai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:28 pm Reply with quote
The subtext-bordering-on-just-text to this whole series is that everybody is gay, and doesn't seem to realize it in themselves, and possibly nobody is more gay than Kaos, who DOES realize it, so her listening in and being somewhat excited is in no way out of place, if you ask me. Smile

We were practically introduced to Ruki and Tsu with Ruki talking about 'skinship', and Kaos thanked God when she felt Koyume's breasts on her shoulders, she instantly became less afraid of the horror mangaka when she realized she was cute, she looks up the skirts of her figures, and then there's Koyume and Tsu's mutually oblivious THING...

The dorm matron seems to have a thing for high school girls - and even dressed her friend up in the girls' uniform.

So, yeah, I think the takeaway from this show is that everybody is gay, nobody realizes it except maybe Kaos and the Matron. :3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2