Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rurouni Kenshin: Hokkaido Arc Manga Resumes in June


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tentensan



Joined: 22 Feb 2013
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:51 pm Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
tentensan wrote:
This is why the anime community gets such a bad hand, because people like most of these commenters defending a convicted man who owned CHILD PORN, is saying just to "forget about it".

These opinions are not unique to "the anime community." Nobody is saying "forget about it." A criminal should face his punishment, but the punishment must fit the crime. The reason worse crimes must have worse sentences (and as a corollary lesser crimes must have lesser sentences) is to create a greater disincentive for people to commit worse crimes. Calling for a worse sentence simply because a criminal is famous is impractical and in opposition to orderly criminal justice.


I'm not saying for him to get a harsher punishment because he's "famous". I want him to be held accountable for his crime? This fine that he got for this crime is not even worth being called a punishment. Even if he didn't hurt them directly, he exchanged money to obtain products from people who abuse children for a living. I don't care if he was the president of the USA or the poor man around the block. He should be punished and if he wants help, he should get help. Nowhere do I see him saying he's getting "help" for his "mental illness", if that's the arugment most people want to do. He's just moving on and saying he's "reflecting heavily on his actions". And ya'll just eat that up as an excuse. People like this man make me sick because it just proves to me that as long as you have a big enough following and have enough money, you can slip through the easiest of loopholes in the justice system.

To put it simply, he didn't get punished enough. I would have been happy with a year in prison or even in a mental facility if he certainly has a "mental issue" which I highly doubt he has. He just stayed on the down-low for a few months and then came back saying it was "for the fans". No. He just wants money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kiminobokuwa



Joined: 18 Sep 2015
Posts: 547
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:58 pm Reply with quote
dark_bozu wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:
Your logic makes no sense. You want to talk about people with mental iasues. Go ahead, BUT THIS MAN WAS NOT MENTALLY ILL. HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND THE FACT THAT HE'S GOING BACK TO WORK PROVES SO. Seriously!?!? He was found guilty, there is NO WAY to twist that up to fit your nareative dude. None whatsoever. Like come on, not every single child rapist is mentally ill.

Yeah, but your logic definitly makes sense and you for sure have an evidence that this man doesn't have any mental illness and doesn't went to psychologist.

kiminobokuwa wrote:
Like come on, not every single child rapist is mentally ill.

If I love Saw movies would that make me a murder and psychopath? Would you put someone like that in jail?

kiminobokuwa wrote:

No. Just. No. I won't deny that some people have mental issues. I get it, some people have a hard tome controling themselves and should seek help. But you're only thinking about this in ONE perspective. What about that child?? Should they not get justice for what happened to them?

Like I wrote, of course this is awful, but the one at guilt - are parents and "crew" that made those DVDs. They wanted to make profit out of it by exploiting people with mental issues. And I would execute them without mercy, because they've ruined children's lives because of their greed.

kiminobokuwa wrote:

And them paying the people is just as bad as doing the harm.

Nope, the degree of harm much (MUCH) lower, so this should be taken is consideration. I'm not saying he's innocent, but I think that a fine a suitable punishment for what he did.

kiminobokuwa wrote:

He did not claim any mental issues or anything.

Are you sure? An acquaintance of mine wasn't thinking he's a drug addict until it was too late...


Think about this in terms of like buying a manga. When you buy a manga you are directly supporting the artist, so WHEN YOU BUY CHILD PORN YOU ARE DIRECTLY SUPPORTING THAT INDUSTRY.
Also, that analogy with the Saw movie is such BS!!!! THAT IS FICTION!!! THIS IS REAL LIFE!!!! REAL!! AS IN, NO ACTORS. And, okay maybe he is seeking help for his pedophilia. He still did a wrong and got off easy. Child porn is illegal for a reason. People like this needs to be punished for harming an individual. Your logic is crap and you know it. Not all child rapists are pure people who made a mistake. The fact that you're trying to spin this to make me look like the bad guy is hilarious!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AksaraKishou



Joined: 16 May 2015
Posts: 1113
Location: End of the World
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
dark_bozu wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:
Your logic makes no sense. You want to talk about people with mental iasues. Go ahead, BUT THIS MAN WAS NOT MENTALLY ILL. HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND THE FACT THAT HE'S GOING BACK TO WORK PROVES SO. Seriously!?!? He was found guilty, there is NO WAY to twist that up to fit your nareative dude. None whatsoever. Like come on, not every single child rapist is mentally ill.

Yeah, but your logic definitly makes sense and you for sure have an evidence that this man doesn't have any mental illness and doesn't went to psychologist.

kiminobokuwa wrote:
Like come on, not every single child rapist is mentally ill.

If I love Saw movies would that make me a murder and psychopath? Would you put someone like that in jail?

kiminobokuwa wrote:

No. Just. No. I won't deny that some people have mental issues. I get it, some people have a hard tome controling themselves and should seek help. But you're only thinking about this in ONE perspective. What about that child?? Should they not get justice for what happened to them?

Like I wrote, of course this is awful, but the one at guilt - are parents and "crew" that made those DVDs. They wanted to make profit out of it by exploiting people with mental issues. And I would execute them without mercy, because they've ruined children's lives because of their greed.

kiminobokuwa wrote:

And them paying the people is just as bad as doing the harm.

Nope, the degree of harm much (MUCH) lower, so this should be taken is consideration. I'm not saying he's innocent, but I think that a fine a suitable punishment for what he did.

kiminobokuwa wrote:

He did not claim any mental issues or anything.

Are you sure? An acquaintance of mine wasn't thinking he's a drug addict until it was too late...


Think about this in terms of like buying a manga. When you buy a manga you are directly supporting the artist, so WHEN YOU BUY CHILD PORN YOU ARE DIRECTLY SUPPORTING THAT INDUSTRY.
Also, that analogy with the Saw movie is such BS!!!! THAT IS FICTION!!! THIS IS REAL LIFE!!!! REAL!! AS IN, NO ACTORS. And, okay maybe he is seeking help for his pedophilia. He still did a wrong and got off easy. Child porn is illegal for a reason. People like this needs to be punished for harming an individual. Your logic is crap and you know it. Not all child rapists are pure people who made a mistake. The fact that you're trying to spin this to make me look like the bad guy is hilarious!!!


> People like this needs to be punished for harming an individual.

Wut? When? Also, please use caps less, it's murder on my eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kiminobokuwa



Joined: 18 Sep 2015
Posts: 547
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quote
> People like this needs to be punished for harming an individual.

Wut? When? Also, please use caps less, it's murder on my eyes.[/quote]

Oh my god, do I have to explain it to you too?? Or are you just nitpicking hecause you have nothing else to say?? Okay, i'll use baby text to explain it to you. This author bought child porn, therefore his money help support the child rapists into harming the child because he was paying them to see child porn. There, makes sense right?? He payed the child rapists to make child porn. It is exactly how it sounds. His monry went into the harming of that child. Plain and simple. And it's not like he was accused of it, he was charged and fined for it and he is therefore guilty.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
revolutionotaku



Joined: 19 May 2011
Posts: 750
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Japan's manga industry now has its own version of Victor Salva.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dark_bozu



Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 171
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:30 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
And, okay maybe he is seeking help for his pedophilia. He still did a wrong and got off easy.

Like I already wrote - unless he harm any kid, he should be considered as mental ill and treated, not judged by mob. Maybe he would cure his mental illness and repent on what he did. But you know what? If he would be put in jail, then there's no chance for that. He would be teared by actual murders and rapists that lost their sanity long ago, when they decide to commit a crime, to violate one human's rights.

kiminobokuwa wrote:
People like this needs to be punished for harming an individual. Your logic is crap and you know it. Not all child rapists are pure people who made a mistake. The fact that you're trying to spin this to make me look like the bad guy is hilarious!!!


I think that its your logic is weird - you're mixing different types of crimes and didn't differ punishment. If you kill someone - this is definitely a crime, but if you watched how someone was killing people and enjoyed it - well, you're sick, but you couldn't be charged with a jail sentence.

kiminobokuwa wrote:

Think about this in terms of like buying a manga. When you buy a manga you are directly supporting the artist, so WHEN YOU BUY CHILD PORN YOU ARE DIRECTLY SUPPORTING THAT INDUSTRY.

Yeah, think about this in terms of buying drugs - you understand that this is wrong, you shouldn't do this, but there's nothing you could do about it, unless you got a medical treatment. Sadly, people realize that they should do something about their situation too late...

kiminobokuwa wrote:

Also, that analogy with the Saw movie is such BS!!!! THAT IS FICTION!!! THIS IS REAL LIFE!!!! REAL!! AS IN, NO ACTORS.

What I was trying to say - the fact that people like violence doesn't meant that they would be able to kill people. The fact that author was watching CP DVDs doesn't makes him a rapist, so stop using those terms, please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kiminobokuwa



Joined: 18 Sep 2015
Posts: 547
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:56 pm Reply with quote
dark_bozu wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:
And, okay maybe he is seeking help for his pedophilia. He still did a wrong and got off easy.

Like I already wrote - unless he harm any kid, he should be considered as mental ill and treated, not judged by mob. Maybe he would cure his mental illness and repent on what he did. But you know what? If he would be put in jail, then there's no chance for that. He would be teared by actual murders and rapists that lost their sanity long ago, when they decide to commit a crime, to violate one human's rights.

kiminobokuwa wrote:
People like this needs to be punished for harming an individual. Your logic is crap and you know it. Not all child rapists are pure people who made a mistake. The fact that you're trying to spin this to make me look like the bad guy is hilarious!!!


I think that its your logic is weird - you're mixing different types of crimes and didn't differ punishment. If you kill someone - this is definitely a crime, but if you watched how someone was killing people and enjoyed it - well, you're sick, but you couldn't be charged with a jail sentence.

kiminobokuwa wrote:

Think about this in terms of like buying a manga. When you buy a manga you are directly supporting the artist, so WHEN YOU BUY CHILD PORN YOU ARE DIRECTLY SUPPORTING THAT INDUSTRY.

Yeah, think about this in terms of buying drugs - you understand that this is wrong, you shouldn't do this, but there's nothing you could do about it, unless you got a medical treatment. Sadly, people realize that they should do something about their situation too late...

kiminobokuwa wrote:

Also, that analogy with the Saw movie is such BS!!!! THAT IS FICTION!!! THIS IS REAL LIFE!!!! REAL!! AS IN, NO ACTORS.

What I was trying to say - the fact that people like violence doesn't meant that they would be able to kill people. The fact that author was watching CP DVDs doesn't makes him a rapist, so stop using those terms, please.



Oh my lord. You can't equate murder to this. No. No. No. I'm tired of this deflection strategy. You're trying to make his crime seem less than it is. Let me break it down for you. Okay?? Since you're so deep in your bubble, that you're not making any sense. Listen, he did not jyst happen to cross this. He paid for this child porn. His money is paying for those people to harm the child, there's no way around that. None. Whatsoever. So he indirectly causing the harm that child. His money funded the harming of that child. And guess what buddy there is a difference between fiction and reality. Someone watching an action movie may enjoy that type of thing, yes, but that is fiction. Not real. Also, the drug analogy was again, ridiculous. "There's nothing he could have done"?? I don't think you're living on the same planet dude, there are numerous things he could have done, like, i don't know, call the police or report it to an officer. He could have done anything else for this to be avoided. And he is a pedophile. A straight up pedophile. I'm not going to walk on eggshells around this supporter of child molesters and rapists. And i will keep saying it. He committed a terrible crime and got off easy. He didn't happen to come across the child porn, he willingly purchased it for his own sick entertainment values. And the fact that you're defending him as if he did nothing wrong makes me think his whole damn fandom around him is just as crazy as he is. It's sick. He's a pedophile. End of story. He was found guilty. He had knowledge that it was happening and therefore did nothing to stop it. If he did have mental issues he would have came out and expose the whole thing, but no, he sat there and enjoyed it. Now come up with some better logic than that mister because nothing you say makes any sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Di_297



Joined: 23 Apr 2018
Posts: 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
dark_bozu wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:
And, okay maybe he is seeking help for his pedophilia. He still did a wrong and got off easy.

Like I already wrote - unless he harm any kid, he should be considered as mental ill and treated, not judged by mob. Maybe he would cure his mental illness and repent on what he did. But you know what? If he would be put in jail, then there's no chance for that. He would be teared by actual murders and rapists that lost their sanity long ago, when they decide to commit a crime, to violate one human's rights.

kiminobokuwa wrote:
People like this needs to be punished for harming an individual. Your logic is crap and you know it. Not all child rapists are pure people who made a mistake. The fact that you're trying to spin this to make me look like the bad guy is hilarious!!!


I think that its your logic is weird - you're mixing different types of crimes and didn't differ punishment. If you kill someone - this is definitely a crime, but if you watched how someone was killing people and enjoyed it - well, you're sick, but you couldn't be charged with a jail sentence.

kiminobokuwa wrote:

Think about this in terms of like buying a manga. When you buy a manga you are directly supporting the artist, so WHEN YOU BUY CHILD PORN YOU ARE DIRECTLY SUPPORTING THAT INDUSTRY.

Yeah, think about this in terms of buying drugs - you understand that this is wrong, you shouldn't do this, but there's nothing you could do about it, unless you got a medical treatment. Sadly, people realize that they should do something about their situation too late...

kiminobokuwa wrote:

Also, that analogy with the Saw movie is such BS!!!! THAT IS FICTION!!! THIS IS REAL LIFE!!!! REAL!! AS IN, NO ACTORS.

What I was trying to say - the fact that people like violence doesn't meant that they would be able to kill people. The fact that author was watching CP DVDs doesn't makes him a rapist, so stop using those terms, please.


Dude people like you are the reason why people think that watching anime makes you a pedo pervert and kids that live in their own bubble, you are treating that mofo as if he what he did wasn't a big deal just because he wasn't part of those videos, you sound like a pedo defending his own fetish, those lame excuses you are making only make sense for another pedo or for a brainless fanboy, I would love to see you paying a hitman to kill somebody and then telling the cops you didn't kill that person to see how well they treat you when they charge you with 2nd degree murder, this is the real world not some anime bs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chester McCool



Joined: 06 Jan 2016
Posts: 322
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:19 pm Reply with quote
So does that mean Anime News Network is endorsing pedophilia since they willingly cover any Shueisha title? If they promote or give recognition to them, they are directly funding it. Obviously the answer is to urge the site to refuse to report or cover any Shueisha titles in the near future, unless you want to directly fund the abuse of children. Be on the right side of history, guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Di_297



Joined: 23 Apr 2018
Posts: 8
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:24 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
dark_bozu wrote:
kiminobokuwa wrote:
And, okay maybe he is seeking help for his pedophilia. He still did a wrong and got off easy.

Like I already wrote - unless he harm any kid, he should be considered as mental ill and treated, not judged by mob. Maybe he would cure his mental illness and repent on what he did. But you know what? If he would be put in jail, then there's no chance for that. He would be teared by actual murders and rapists that lost their sanity long ago, when they decide to commit a crime, to violate one human's rights.

kiminobokuwa wrote:
People like this needs to be punished for harming an individual. Your logic is crap and you know it. Not all child rapists are pure people who made a mistake. The fact that you're trying to spin this to make me look like the bad guy is hilarious!!!


I think that its your logic is weird - you're mixing different types of crimes and didn't differ punishment. If you kill someone - this is definitely a crime, but if you watched how someone was killing people and enjoyed it - well, you're sick, but you couldn't be charged with a jail sentence.

kiminobokuwa wrote:

Think about this in terms of like buying a manga. When you buy a manga you are directly supporting the artist, so WHEN YOU BUY CHILD PORN YOU ARE DIRECTLY SUPPORTING THAT INDUSTRY.

Yeah, think about this in terms of buying drugs - you understand that this is wrong, you shouldn't do this, but there's nothing you could do about it, unless you got a medical treatment. Sadly, people realize that they should do something about their situation too late...

kiminobokuwa wrote:

Also, that analogy with the Saw movie is such BS!!!! THAT IS FICTION!!! THIS IS REAL LIFE!!!! REAL!! AS IN, NO ACTORS.

What I was trying to say - the fact that people like violence doesn't meant that they would be able to kill people. The fact that author was watching CP DVDs doesn't makes him a rapist, so stop using those terms, please.



Oh my lord. You can't equate murder to this. No. No. No. I'm tired of this deflection strategy. You're trying to make his crime seem less than it is. Let me break it down for you. Okay?? Since you're so deep in your bubble, that you're not making any sense. Listen, he did not jyst happen to cross this. He paid for this child porn. His money is paying for those people to harm the child, there's no way around that. None. Whatsoever. So he indirectly causing the harm that child. His money funded the harming of that child. And guess what buddy there is a difference between fiction and reality. Someone watching an action movie may enjoy that type of thing, yes, but that is fiction. Not real. Also, the drug analogy was again, ridiculous. "There's nothing he could have done"?? I don't think you're living on the same planet dude, there are numerous things he could have done, like, i don't know, call the police or report it to an officer. He could have done anything else for this to be avoided. And he is a pedophile. A straight up pedophile. I'm not going to walk on eggshells around this supporter of child molesters and rapists. And i will keep saying it. He committed a terrible crime and got off easy. He didn't happen to come across the child porn, he willingly purchased it for his own sick entertainment values. And the fact that you're defending him as if he did nothing wrong makes me think his whole damn fandom around him is just as crazy as he is. It's sick. He's a pedophile. End of story. He was found guilty. He had knowledge that it was happening and therefore did nothing to stop it. If he did have mental issues he would have came out and expose the whole thing, but no, he sat there and enjoyed it. Now come up with some better logic than that mister because nothing you say makes any sense.


And looks like this kid is so into that pedo's ass that he doesn't even know that there's some pedos that even pay the guys that make the videos for special stuff they wanna see, only God knows if he paid the guy who sold him the DVDs for a video doing x or y thing to a kid he knows and wanted to see naked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VPedge



Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 56
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
and to think not to long ago dude got erased and blacklisted for pot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tentensan



Joined: 22 Feb 2013
Posts: 102
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Chester McCool wrote:
So does that mean Anime News Network is endorsing pedophilia since they willingly cover any Shueisha title? If they promote or give recognition to them, they are directly funding it. Obviously the answer is to urge the site to refuse to report or cover any Shueisha titles in the near future, unless you want to directly fund the abuse of children. Be on the right side of history, guys.


? What are you talking about? Covering a story is different than buying or even supporting his future works. It's not like reading this article the proceeds are going directly into his pocket. What you're saying makes no sense. Now, if there was an ad saying to go buy his future works on this website then, we have a problem. But no, covering a story =/= endorsing the crime. No one is even suggesting what you're saying. What?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ResistNormal



Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 96
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:44 pm Reply with quote
This makes me sick and sad. Nobuhiro Watsuki was one of my favorite artist and a huge influence. Rurouni Kenshin helped through a crippling part of my life got me through a depression and for that I will always be thankful. I'll have to see if I can separate a man from his work but in the back of my mind this blemish will always be there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whiskeyii



Joined: 29 May 2013
Posts: 1707
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
ResistNormal wrote:
This makes me sick and sad. Nobuhiro Watsuki was one of my favorite artist and a huge influence. Rurouni Kenshin helped through a crippling part of my life got me through a depression and for that I will always be thankful. I'll have to see if I can separate a man from his work but in the back of my mind this blemish will always be there.


I think it's important to recognize that those feelings of joy and encouragement are valid, and that you shouldn't feel bad for having them, even if the creator themselves turned out to be problematic. You can, I think, be both thankful for the good his work did in your life while still condemning his actions.

But like I said in the last thread, I think it's up to the individual to decide how they want to handle Watsuki's work moving forward, whether that is a total boycott, buying used, piracy, or a separation of art and artist. I might not personally agree with those decisions, but they are not my decisions to make; I can only decide what *I* want to do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DmonHiro



Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 3278
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Now, hold on a moment.
Only in 2015 did Japan make owning CP illegal.
Producing it, however, has been illegal for a very long time.
But what about purchasing it? If purchasing it was illegal, then owning it should have incriminated you.

kiminobokuwa wrote:
His money is paying for those people to harm the child, there's no way around that. None. Whatsoever.

Well, if you want to be correct, he did not pay those people to harm the child. The child was already harmed. You could argue that he payed form them to harm another child.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group