• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: High School DxD Hero English Dub Cast Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lycopene

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:48 am Reply with quote
I would like to believe they are two different people, but i watched we without wings last week and i cant. Her character in that show sounds exactly like every other character leah has played that is similar to Eriko in WWW. A perfect vocal match is hard to believe
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
While it is important to respect the privacy of the person using a possible alias (after all, my username is an alias of sorts), it is a valid question to ask why do some VA names only appear in harem/fan service shows?

If Kelly Angel is a separate person from Bryn, I will believe it more if this Kelly had a social media account with a photo of her. However, it very well could be Bryn using another account with a photo of someone she saw online.
Milzn

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Bryn voice Akeno i am 100% sure. Voice can't lie. Of you watched shows where she played you will see that that is Her. I think that is stupid to hide some roles VA plays. You have a Job and you shouldn't be ashamed of that
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:24 pm Reply with quote
right, well, regardless of who might be who, there is absolutely no difference with Asia.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Per a Leah Clark quote, "Chloe Daniels" currently lives in NY. As much as "Chloe Daniels" could be a Leah alias, their privacy comes first. What I don't get is why "Chloe Daniels" didn't have more roles outside of DxD and "We Without Wings" during her time at Funi.
lycopene

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:59 am Reply with quote
Yes, it is pretty amusing how far she is going to maintain the cover of an alias
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:38 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
CANimeFan88 wrote:

Quote:
But I totally expected Josh Grelle to return as the English voice of Issei.

How could you not? Who else was going to play him?

uh no one really considering that funi and sentai tend to use this VA for pretty much every harem MC in a harem series they licensed!( NOT including index!)

and its not a surprise that miss Chloe isn't in season 4! that was more or less apparent when those rumors about her moving to new york was true! its more or less a certain that she's retired as a VA!

that or she's doing it in a limited setting since with anime dubbing studios like media blasters and NYAV Post!

though its more or less a certain that its the former theory than the latter considering that the role she did in dxd is the only one that people know of at this point! i mean, i haven't heard of any other anime roles that she did in any other series. have you?

so its pretty much a certain that fans wont be seeing her in a voice role at all. which is a shame too since she was a remarkable voice talent! probably a one in a generation VA when it comes to performing moe type characters!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZeArNkN

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:01 pm Reply with quote
lycopene wrote:
I would like to believe they are two different people, but i watched we without wings last week and i cant. Her character in that show sounds exactly like every other character leah has played that is similar to Eriko in WWW. A perfect vocal match is hard to believe

I don't think it's unheard of. Dallas Reid sounds exactly like Clifford Chapin, and as far as I know they're two different people. Listen to Connie screaming at Ymir in episode 10 of AoT season 2 and tell me you don't hear Asta.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 4:24 pm Reply with quote
ZeArNkN wrote:

I don't think it's unheard of. Dallas Reid sounds exactly like Clifford Chapin, and as far as I know they're two different people. Listen to Connie screaming at Ymir in episode 10 of AoT season 2 and tell me you don't hear Asta.

I kinda hear it, but only slightly. personally, I've never thought Cliff and Dallas sound similar beyond that
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote
[quote="jr240483"]

uh no one really considering that funi and sentai tend to use this VA for pretty much every harem MC in a harem series they licensed!( NOT including index!)

That's not entirely true if we strictly talk about harem shows Funimation has Todd Haberkorn, Jerry Jewell, Micah Solusod, Joel McDonald, and Austin Tindle all have som under their belts. They had options.

It was less about Grelle being typecast and them casting him because of all the craziness with Scott Freeman.

Quote:
though its more or less a certain that its the former theory than the latter considering that the role she did in dxd is the only one that people know of at this point! i mean, i haven't heard of any other anime roles that she did in any other series. have you?

She was in We Without Wings but that is her only other VA credit. Everything else is DxD.

Quote:

I don't know about those two, but for me personally there have been a few times where I mixed up Caitlin Glass and Colleen Clinkenbeard.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:23 am Reply with quote
well technically they do! funi have a pattern when it comes to specific roles with their VA's!

BUT its as i said! it is usually happens when it comes to extremely popular ecchi/harem series. from dxd ,to series like kyokai senjou no horizon, infinite stratos and date a live, the MCs are all voiced by josh.

in the past that wasn't the case cause other popular harem series like negima and sora no otoshimono had their MC voiced by ayres! and of course there is micah voicing touma! and other than justin, micah , chappin and ayres, i have yet to see any of those VAs that you mention in any series that have the MC in a harem element. especially todd!

however, they tend to use other VAs for low level harem series like death march which was voiced by justin (deku's VA). and chappin voiced the MC for low level harem series world break and the psuedo harem like series like tokyo ravens!

but when it comes to the more highly popular harems like date a live and IS, they tend to use that guy so it wasn't a surprise to anyone here that he was chosen to replace freeman during season three! especially after date a live.

and if funi had decided to use their own VAs instead of using the crunchyroll cast for shinmai mao no testament, it would more or less a certain that every harem fan as well as posters here would more or less predict that funi will had him voice basara! so its as i said, its a pattern that funi and sentai tend to use and if its not broken, dont fix it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:03 am Reply with quote
To recap, here are some harem shows each of those guys have been in. For the sake of simplicity, shows that have 2 seasons will be listed under a collective name
Todd: "Rosario + Vampire"*, "My Bride is a Mermaid"
Jerry: "Shuffle", "Haganai"*
Micah: "A Certain Scientific Index"*, "Phantom World"
Joel: "Sekirei"*, "Lord Marksman and Vanadis"
Austin: "Is This a Zombie?"*, "Ben-To"

*denotes a second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2