• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
No post mode specified

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchitemp

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:25 pm Reply with quote
(Blanchimont here. Had to make this ac to be able to post this, sorry.)

Every time I try to reply on a post, or post a thread here, the above error message comes.

I'm usually on vpn, but even when turned off the same error. Tried with or without add-ons(ublock, flashcontrol etc), same error. Tried on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, same. Tried on two different machines(this Win7, laptop Win10) with separate net providers, again the same.

Tried clearing cookies/cache, no effect. Was even the first time for Edge on laptop to be on ANN, so shouldn't really be an issue.

Tried log off, log in. The issue persists.

If I was on moderation I would have expected to see some form of notice at least?

Googling the error gives a bunch of posts from ~8 years back, mostly the issue affecting Firefox. But unfortunately none of that seems to be of any help here.

Also, something I noticed, when I log off, it doesn't immediately log me off (white page with "405"). After that if I press again I'm able to log off.

If I'm able to post this thread, the issue is my account somehow I think... (?)
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I thing I've figured out. But no idea why.

Took me a while to notice, but it doesn't currently automatically redirect to fast server although it's set in subscriber settings. However, when trying to post/preview something on ANN normal, it suddenly switches to 'fast' when hitting preview/submit, and it is then the error shows.

The reason I was able to post above was probably because it stayed on normal ANN through the entire process. Likewise, if I stay on 'fast' through the entire process, posting seems to work as intended.
Kosaka

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont, I also got the "No post mode specified" error; thanks for posting what the problem is. After reading your post, I changed "www" to "fast" in the URL, refreshed the page, and then I was able to post my reply.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:48 am Reply with quote
Aha, thanks for the solution! I'd been having this problem as well! I think I posted through Firefox ok, but I'm using Chrome primarily where it keeps giving me trouble, so hopefully they will be fixing this soon.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:45 am Reply with quote
It seems to be fixed now, redirect works, and it doesn't seem to change servers anymore when hitting Preview/Submit(which triggered the error as explained above).
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1