Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disgaea 5 Complete Game's PC Release Delayed to Summer




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sandstar



Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 178
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:12 am Reply with quote
Oh for fudge's sake. What a trash company.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 1017
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:50 am Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:
Oh for fudge's sake. What a trash company.

Why? because they don't want to release a bad port of their biggest franchise? Yea disgusting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Araki



Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Posts: 364
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Sandstar wrote:
Oh for fudge's sake. What a trash company.

Why? because they don't want to release a bad port of their biggest franchise? Yea disgusting.


Because their endless delays worked so well for YS VIII, right??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sandstar



Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 178
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:43 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Sandstar wrote:
Oh for fudge's sake. What a trash company.

Why? because they don't want to release a bad port of their biggest franchise? Yea disgusting.


Perhaps you should go read the reviews for Ys VIII before you try to make a sarcastic comment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 1017
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:

Perhaps you should go read the reviews for Ys VIII before you try to make a sarcastic comment.

Ys VIII doesnt change anything to what I said. Disgaea 5 is still their lead franchise. And Ys is one game. Did Disgaea 1 and 2 get bad ports? Did Phantom brave get a bad port? If you say yes to any of these then ill retract my snarky comment.

Better hold a game then to release it broken.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cecilthedarkknight_234



Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 3781
Location: Louisville, KY
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Nisa Just keeps messing things up & it's really hurting their company image at this point. I love disgaea and Honestly I expect better from a company that handles the localization of the series exclusively

Side Note: From what I've heard the demo actually contains the full game if you hex-edit the damn code. That's not a smart move on NISA part because to those people who already received the demo can now play the full game, including all of the DLC. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GundamZX



Joined: 23 May 2014
Posts: 34
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

Ys VIII doesnt change anything to what I said. Disgaea 5 is still their lead franchise. And Ys is one game. Did Disgaea 1 and 2 get bad ports? Did Phantom brave get a bad port? If you say yes to any of these then ill retract my snarky comment.

Better hold a game then to release it broken.


Funny you mention Disgaea 1. I'm not a pc gamer by any means but Disgaea 1 was known to contain a bunch of bugs and crashes when it was released. They fixed it with patches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MCAL



Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Posts: 154
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:15 pm Reply with quote
GundamZX wrote:


Funny you mention Disgaea 1. I'm not a pc gamer by any means but Disgaea 1 was known to contain a bunch of bugs and crashes when it was released. They fixed it with patches.


Didn't one of the Disgaea games have a bug that could brick your console? I know it was a game localized by NISA at least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sandstar



Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 178
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:56 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

Ys VIII doesnt change anything to what I said. Disgaea 5 is still their lead franchise. And Ys is one game. Did Disgaea 1 and 2 get bad ports? Did Phantom brave get a bad port? If you say yes to any of these then ill retract my snarky comment.

Better hold a game then to release it broken.


Then why did they release ys VIII in a broken state?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar


Joined: 14 Aug 2006
Posts: 16754
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Let's get back on topic and watch the massive excessive quoting please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Vannil



Joined: 14 Jun 2016
Posts: 240
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:32 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Sandstar wrote:

Perhaps you should go read the reviews for Ys VIII before you try to make a sarcastic comment.

Ys VIII doesnt change anything to what I said. Disgaea 5 is still their lead franchise. And Ys is one game. Did Disgaea 1 and 2 get bad ports? Did Phantom brave get a bad port? If you say yes to any of these then ill retract my snarky comment.

Better hold a game then to release it broken.


The initial release for Disgaea 1 for pc was horrendous. It took NISA a while to get things fixed. source: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/02/25/disgaea-pc-bad-port/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group