• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tokyo Station Displays Yotsuba&! Manga's Original Manuscript Pages

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:36 am Reply with quote
Too bad that the mangaka simply wouldn't want any animated form to exist for his/her work here, since apparently they think Azumanga Daioh was a bad anime so they don't want to accept any offer for an anime based on their work any longer. According to people, it's hard to make an animated version of Yotsubato anyway so it's already kind of a pre-determined bad trade. You will never know unless you'd tried though, and there's still a lot of highly capable anime staffs out there. It's kinda like the same issue with Touhou where ZUN doesn't want an anime version of his work in any way, though he does allowed the existence of doujin anime like Memories of Phantasm and whatnot.
sonryu

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:36 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the Azumanga Daioh anime - independently of the manga. I would love to see Yotsubato animated as well, but if that's not going to happen, at least I can still look forward to volume 14's release in the US Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1