• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - A New Robotech Game?!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:10 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
The only things I'd change would be replacing the original Art of Fighting with AoF3 (because it's the only one that really still holds up today).

Sounds like someone can't get past spoiler[Mr. Karate] :3c
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 am Reply with quote
TheAnimeRevolutionizer wrote:
Sounds like someone can't get past spoiler[Mr. Karate] :3c

Nope, more like the first two AoF games just haven't aged well. They're not bad fighting games, and the size of the character sprites are still amazing looking to this very day, but neither really holds up in terms of gameplay. They're both fairly clunky to play, & the spirit gauge, though a neat idea, is just not that well realized in those first two games. AoF3 simply has smoother gameplay, more responsive controls, & the spirit gauge there is handled well. Also, I like the rotoscoped visuals.

Admittedly, Art of Fighting in general isn't one of my favorite SNK franchises (I like the characters in KOF, but not so much in their own games), but I fully understand having one AoF game in the Mini's roster, and since most of the other franchises included outright skip their first entry (unless the entire series is included, ala Metal Slug, Shock Troopers, & King of the Monsters), then I'd rather have AoF3 over AoF1.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:32 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
That Robotech game isn't new. It's a re-release of the Gameboy Advance title of the same name.

Wow, the article's writer was on autopilot doing their research on this.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Typical Robotech, recycling old material under a new skin while everyone else just wants Macross licensed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2