• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Deadliest Children

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
SaitoHajime101 wrote:
Just want to throw out there several characters from the Durarara!! world. Weirdly enough there's more crazies in this show then there are sane individuals Laughing (watched the first series for the first time recently, on episode 6 of Shou atm)

That's generally the style of the author. He really likes writing characters who are crazy in one way or another and what happens when a bunch of them meet up in one place. He also seems to have a thing about taking characters who are sane at the start and putting them in circumstances that drive them crazy. (Jig, the protagonist of Stealth Symphony, is a great example.)

v1cious wrote:

Also, I'm pretty sure Alluka is a boy.

There is a LOT of confusion over this, though it does keep happening in Hunter X Hunter for various characters. Some characters refer to Alluka as a boy (most of the Zoldyck family), while some other characters refer to Alluka as a girl (Killua, Morel, Alluka's caretakers).

Consensus among fans is that Alluka is biologically male but identifies as female, with Killua acknowledging that but not the rest of his family. This is all speculation, however, and nothing has been verified in the series itself.
rob_krol

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
to the list I think you miss clear winner I mean Elaine Reed from Genocyber after all he in just first OVA spoiler[ kill entire Hong Kong ] so be one of the deadliest kid in anime
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
SaitoHajime101 wrote:
Just want to throw out there several characters from the Durarara!! world. Weirdly enough there's more crazies in this show then there are sane individuals Laughing (watched the first series for the first time recently, on episode 6 of Shou atm)

That's generally the style of the author. He really likes writing characters who are crazy in one way or another and what happens when a bunch of them meet up in one place. He also seems to have a thing about taking characters who are sane at the start and putting them in circumstances that drive them crazy. (Jig, the protagonist of Stealth Symphony, is a great example.)

Yeah, coming from watching Baccano back in the late 2000s, I kept meaning to watch Drrr (don't know what took me so long), since the light novel is by the same author. So much fun, but so crazy.

Wasn't there a deadly child in Elfen Lied? Also, how old were Ein and Zwei in Requiem for the Phantom? They were pretty "killer" (hah) as well.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Kirika killed someone with a toy car. She used popcorn to kill people (not as a murder weapon though). She used sunglasses for killing (again, not as a murder weapon). She can use everything for killing, even if they are not the actual murder weapons.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:08 pm Reply with quote
SaitoHajime101 wrote:
Wasn't there a deadly child in Elfen Lied?

rankothefiremage wrote:
No Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn)?

Those were both covered in the 2012 List.

After just finishing the series today, I nominate Ricardo Gavanni from season 1 of Chaika ~ The Coffin Princess. Being a wealthy aristocrat with a floating war fortress is ominous enough, but he also goes about spoiler[abducting pretty much all the women from a local area, cutting them up and torturing them to death them out of curiosity, amusement, and to supercharge the weapons and shields of his not-so-Ghibli-esque castle in the sky. After previously doing the same to his own family, as well. ] And as if that's not enough, spoiler[he sets out to level a major city and plunge the world back into war.] Yeah, if we were supposed to feel sympathy for him in the latter moments of episode 12, I wasn't buying it.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Zazie the Beast (Trigun)

If anyone wants to hear Kamiya Hiroshi back in the day before he was really known. Laughing
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Why isn't Conan on the list people die pretty much anywhere he goes?
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Can't we just agree that there's a lot of messed up kids in anime and they all won't fit on a 7-point list? Razz

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HeroicRebellion

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Heres a few that are forgotten

spoiler[Selim Bradley from Fullmetal Alchemist or Hellmaster Phibrizzo from Slayers]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2