Forum - View topic
NEWS: BanG Dream's New Anime Seasons Replace ISSEN, Xebec Studios With Sanzigen




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ermat_46



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 450
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:23 am Reply with quote
Lol. Looks like DEEN is now the new go-to studio for producers to make cash in sequels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fantaselion



Joined: 22 Dec 2016
Posts: 316
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:55 am Reply with quote
Sanzigen did way better CG wise with Black Rock Shooter than any other anime they worked on yet no article seems to say that.... Really dumb if you ask me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
configspace



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 3691
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:59 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Lol. Looks like DEEN is now the new go-to studio for producers to make cash in sequels.

DEEN?

fantaselion wrote:
Sanzigen did way better CG wise with Black Rock Shooter than any other anime they worked on yet no article seems to say that.... Really dumb if you ask me.

Kill La Kill was just as good, maybe better because it blended so well, although I think in part due to Trigger's hand's on involvement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fantaselion



Joined: 22 Dec 2016
Posts: 316
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
Lol. Looks like DEEN is now the new go-to studio for producers to make cash in sequels.

DEEN?

fantaselion wrote:
Sanzigen did way better CG wise with Black Rock Shooter than any other anime they worked on yet no article seems to say that.... Really dumb if you ask me.

Kill La Kill was just as good, maybe better because it blended so well, although I think in part due to Trigger's hand's on involvement.


Completly disagree with you on that. Though i do agree that Kill la Kill CG blended in really well. It doesn't compare with how good the CG in Black Rock Shooter was.

And besides, most people don't seem to realize that allot of trigger staff worked on "black rock shooter"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blatch
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 330
Location: Northeast U.S.
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Are we talking about CG that tries to emulate 2D animation, or actual 3D models?

Either way, I feel like this announcement made a finger on the monkey's paw curl up. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fantaselion



Joined: 22 Dec 2016
Posts: 316
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
Are we talking about CG that tries to emulate 2D animation, or actual 3D models?

Either way, I feel like this announcement made a finger on the monkey's paw curl up. Shocked


kinda both........ I think.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joshua Zarate
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Posts: 1667
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I don’t really have a bone in this franchise, but I think this is a good change from Xebec’s end as I don’t think this genre is very fitting for the modern iteration of the studio’s image and I doubt that they need more work at the moment with what they’re currently and may likely be producing in the future. I find it likely that the director of the first season will not return as well because last I checked, he only works for Xebec productions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Takkun4343



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 878
Location: Gahanna, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
Either way, I feel like this announcement made a finger on the monkey's paw curl up. Shocked

Nah, that'd be if the animation crew was Millepensee and GEMBA collaborating again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta



Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2576
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
In regards to making 3dcg anime Cute girls, Sanzigen has consistency and reliability on their side.
The only thing that would be "bad" is if the writing were garbage, animation wise it should look just fine if all you were looking for is cute anime dancing girls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPoint.



Joined: 23 Oct 2015
Posts: 658
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote
So this seems to hint that this 2nd and 3rd seasons gonna switch to full CGI ? If thats true then that would be an utter dissapointment and i wont even bother watchin it....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Hayabusa



Joined: 30 May 2012
Posts: 1269
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I do not find the CG direction to be unusual. BRS and KLK had nice CGs and Bandori being CG is probably a good decision. This is going to be interesting.

And ANN, stop putting Argonavis in the same sentence as the girl bands. They are not even in the same universe as them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Random Name



Joined: 24 Nov 2016
Posts: 577
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Huh 3dcgi guess my bang dream ends after one season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightSide



Joined: 08 Oct 2016
Posts: 8
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Using 3DCG in this case might actually a good choice. Looking at the quality of Teardrops animation that used as the anime re-broadcast ending, it was much closer to its original / live 2D design counterpart. The 1st season animation (Issen-Xebec) is not bad, but has a lot of inconsistency.

My only concern is a lot of japanese 3DCG animation that was used in anime has low frame rates, even when it full 3DCG. For example, Blame! by Polygon. It has a superb animation, but it run like, I don't know, 15 fps? As opposed to 24 fps standard.

Anyway, if this looking good, maybe there will be more MV for Bang Dream. Which is good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fantaselion



Joined: 22 Dec 2016
Posts: 316
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:02 pm Reply with quote
NightSide wrote:
Using 3DCG in this case might actually a good choice. Looking at the quality of Teardrops animation that used as the anime re-broadcast ending, it was much closer to its original / live 2D design counterpart. The 1st season animation (Issen-Xebec) is not bad, but has a lot of inconsistency.

My only concern is a lot of japanese 3DCG animation that was used in anime has low frame rates, even when it full 3DCG. For example, Blame! by Polygon. It has a superb animation, but it run like, I don't know, 15 fps? As opposed to 24 fps standard.

Anyway, if this looking good, maybe there will be more MV for Bang Dream. Which is good.


its more like 8 fps for Polygon.

Though the reason they cut frames like that is cause 2D is rarely at 24fps, and allot of 3D directors want the 3D to blend in, thus reduction of frames. Though I mostly only think it works is if they do what they did in BRS and consantly vary the framerate, since the framerate of 2D animation varies quite a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sunny milk



Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 695
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:52 am Reply with quote
Goodbye decent animation and character designs that made the original series a little bit above the average advertisement crap.
Welcome dead-looking rigid 3DCG!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group