• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: We Never Learn Manga's Lead Heroines Ranked in Jump Polls

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:11 pm Reply with quote
This Uruka Takemoto person looks attractively cute, and I love the expression she is displaying. ^///^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Would this mean anime soon?... Probably not, but one can dream.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Sensei is indeed best girl
Marimo0

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Would this mean anime soon?... Probably not, but one can dream.

It honestly is doing well enough that an anime is likely. Just not soon considering the time it takes for production to start up. The Promised Neverland came out about half a year earlier and though there are some hints that it's likely going to have one soon, there hasn't been an official announcement yet, so maybe within another year there will be an announcement for We Never Learn.
myskaros

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
Sensei is indeed best girl

I like senpai way more, but sensei is a decently close second Very Happy
Marimo0

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I prefer Uruka.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't surprise by the pool when they announced it, sensei and Furuhashi's community keep growing meanwhile Ogata's community drop more and more, 3rd isn't bad but i would have prefered Uruka to be first, my favorite since she appeared

Last edited by Yune Amagiri on Mon May 07, 2018 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seif

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Nice midriff.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Wasn't surprise by the pool when they announced it, sensei and Furuhashi's community keep growing meanwhile Ogata's community drop more and more

Curious, do you have an idea why that is the case?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I honestly wasn’t expecting my favourite Fumino to do this well in either poll. I thought Uruka would win in Japan and that Ogata or Uruka would win in the English poll. I’m pleasantly surprised.

Sensei, Senpai and Fumino are my favourites. Laughing

I wasn’t expecting to like Fumino so much but she kept growing on me. Chapter 39 sealed the deal. Embarassed
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:41 pm Reply with quote
It’s weird how popular Furuhashi is given how much of her on screen time is spent playing third wheel compared to the other girls. Obviously Sendai being ranked lower on the main five girls makes sense since she was still relatively new when the poll was ran so she didn’t have as much of a fan base built.

I’m honestly shocked that Sensei won given how much older she is compared to a traditional harem member in a school setting.

Uruka was robbed in all these polls though.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Y-san

Never change, you brilliant memeroos. Never change.
Aquasakura wrote:

She has less focus chapters and isn't as hilarious a straight man (or attempted straight man).
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I have to give this manga credit where it's due. Unlike Nisekoi where the final girl was dreadfully obvious, there is practically no way of telling which girl the main character will end up with at the finale.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:15 am Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Wasn't surprise by the pool when they announced it, sensei and Furuhashi's community keep growing meanwhile Ogata's community drop more and more

Sensei ( Mafuyu Kurisu ), since around the last 20 chapters, has as much scenes if not more than the mains heroines and her scenes are more varied, also the author seems to really like her and makes a lot of fanservice scenes with her, more than the mains heroines ( to debate with Uruka )
Ogata's scenes pretty much never changed since the beginning, she used to be the most popular by far but recently her interest keep dropping because of her stagnating character development, mainwhile Furuhashi which had a rather slow start ( toward the beginning she was more an omnipresent supporting character than a heroine, most of her text were monologues which describes the relationship between Ogata/Uruka and the hero in an objective way then during her dialogues with others she start to kick around the bush, she was kind of the reader's avatar in this story) is now starting to stand out and claim her role as a heroine.

Seeing how things were recently, if Uruka doesn't get more arcs she will most likely drop in the next polls and senpai ( Asumi Kominami ) will overtake her. Even though i really like her, it would be funny for this manga to be remembered as a "Love Come where the mains heroines lost to the supporting characters" it would be a refreshing change from the recent stereotypes
Suxinn

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:16 am Reply with quote
Personally, I really like Furuhashi because of how self-aware (and genre savvy) she is, and how eager she is to help her friends with their crush. Also her attempts to keep some emotional distance from the main protagonist for the sake of her friends keeps her scenes fresh and interesting. She's exactly the type of character I like, and I'm happy to see that she has such a large following.

I'm honestly surprised to see how many fans Sensei has, though. I like her as a character, but I find her position as a potential love interest a bit stale (though I've never been into the student/teacher thing). I was honestly expecting Asumi to rank higher, especially since recent chapters have made her more interesting. (And I like her teasing personality, which is a breath of fresh air from all the blushing embarrassment of the others.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2