• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Postwar Horror Manga Exhibit Showcases Critic Yoshihiro Yonezawa's Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Interesting.
I wonder if any of these horror manga carry some sort of anti-war message.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:29 am Reply with quote
Jennifer Sherman wrote:
The exhibition will feature works from the Sengo Kaiki Manga-Shi book what Tairiku Shobo released in 2016. The book compiles Yonezawa's Sengo Kaiki Manga-Shi and Kyōfu Manga no Keifu, which originally serialized in Tairiku Shobo's Horror House manga magazine.

Certainly, the 'Sengo Kaiki Manga-shi' and 'Kyōfu Manga no Keifu' articles were carried in magazines (Comic Rouge and Horror House) published by the publishing firm Tairiku Shobō, but the tankōbon Sengo Kaiki Manga-shi (2016) was published by the pubishing firm Tetsujinsha (or Tetsujinsya, if I adopt the spelling which the publishing firm uses). I bought the Sengo Kaiki Manga-shi book and read it when it was published in 2016.
Tetsujinsha was mentioned both in the Meiji University article and in the Comic Natalie article (in one of its illustrations).
In the first place, Tairiku Shobō went bankrupt in 1992. It's a defunct company.
Tairiku Shobō was 'notorious' for its books whose subjects were odd (super-ancient civilisations, UFO, supernatural power, and so on), and in a sense it was a well-known publishing firm to the reading public in Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1