• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Surprising Review of "Devilman Crybaby"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:40 am Reply with quote
Recently,I saw a video from Bennett the Sage on Youtube. It was his first episode of his new series called "Oldtaku,New Tricks." It was about the new version of "Devilman" called "Devilman Crybaby." But,this isn't the first review of this show on Youtube. There have been a ton of them. But,the one I want to let you in on was a video review from someone you might not expect. And,when you learn more about this guy,you might want to look him up yourselves.
The guy's name is Micah Curtis and when you first look at him,you'd think something much different about him. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. When you first see him,you automatically think,"barroom brawler" or "barroom bouncer." But,as the old saying goes,"don't judge a book by it's cover." He's also a conservative Christian,but he also likes heavy metal music and comic books. In fact,much of his videos are on the topic of comics. He also likes some anime. He likes both "Berserk" and "Devilman,"in many cases,manga and anime I've often tended to shy away from.

In fact,he did videos on both of them in a series called "Things I Like" in which he describe them both. The most recent addition to this section is "Battle Angel Alita" which I've just heard is going to be another attempt by Hollywood to try to bring a manga series that's popular in America to live-action. Basically,if you watch his review of "Crybaby,"a lot of the video is just bewilderment at what he just saw. His opening tone is that of utter amazement when he says "H-Holy C--p!!!!" As you can tell,he uses language that I'd never even imagine using,even on a Youtube video.
And for much of it,he is just amazed at what he's just seen and basically near the end he says that he "wants to take a cold shower and pray for my mortal soul." Based on what I've heard of this series,I'm amazed more reviewers haven't said or done the same thing. Although I don't know if I'm going to see the series itself,I recommend that you guys go to see both Bennett's and Micah's videos on "Devilman Crybaby." You just might be amazed at what you find.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote
So since there seems to be no point to this thread beyond telling people to go check out some other person's youtube review of a show I am locking this down.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1