• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Kado: The Right Answer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LastPage 3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I'm one of the few people who liked Kado's ending, because of its strong anti-acculturation message. It was never about negotiations.

If only the series had actually handled said theme properly, instead of turning it into a ham handed mess. Saraka's arrogant and tone-deaf ideology were so flat it beggared belief, and Shindo just swallowing everything she said instead of thinking for himself was just as bad.

Lord Vaultman wrote:

I heavily disagree those last few episodes were what made it such a good sci-fi. I don't understand your logic. It all made sense to me and was quite enjoyable to see that awesome twist.

I'm sure many of you will claim to like sci-fi but not this but that doesn't make any sense since these types of things happen all the time in sci-fi and it doesn't make it any less enjoyable because of that.

Seriously? What on Earth do you find appealing about those last few episodes? They came off as being in a totally different show.

We finally got a rare hard sci-fi show that wasn't a mecha and they just ruined it at the end...
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
LastPage 3 wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
I'm one of the few people who liked Kado's ending, because of its strong anti-acculturation message. It was never about negotiations.

If only the series had actually handled said theme properly, instead of turning it into a ham handed mess. Saraka's arrogant and tone-deaf ideology were so flat it beggared belief, and Shindo just swallowing everything she said instead of thinking for himself was just as bad.

Lord Vaultman wrote:

I heavily disagree those last few episodes were what made it such a good sci-fi. I don't understand your logic. It all made sense to me and was quite enjoyable to see that awesome twist.

I'm sure many of you will claim to like sci-fi but not this but that doesn't make any sense since these types of things happen all the time in sci-fi and it doesn't make it any less enjoyable because of that.

Seriously? What on Earth do you find appealing about those last few episodes? They came off as being in a totally different show.

We finally got a rare hard sci-fi show that wasn't a mecha and they just ruined it at the end...

You apparently haven't seen very much non mecha sci-fi. There were small tidbits here and there throughout .

I don't know to do spoilers so I'm going to try to keep this as spoiler free as I can:

The whole saraka thing was kind of alluded to as she constantly kept trying to block the anisotropic tech advancements it was giving out at the beginning of the series. She knew it's potentially ulterior motives but didn't want to say anything lest she be found out by said anisotropic (she was obviously far less powerful than him)
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

Regarding Seven Mortal Sins, it's useless to watch the streaming simulcasted version since it was censored,

Fortunately, the uncut (home video) version is available for streaming now.
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:32 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
configspace wrote:

Regarding Seven Mortal Sins, it's useless to watch the streaming simulcasted version since it was censored,

Fortunately, the uncut (home video) version is available for streaming now.

I see you mean on Funimation and not CR. But to answer my own question earlier, it appears they didn't include the 19 fanservice "confessions" shorts. When I looked at the BD details I don't see them mentioned either (and only 300 mins runtime), so I guess they didn't license them:?

Normally they are or at least were really good about these extras, but the same thing happened with Bikini Warriors (there were different uncut episode versions which funimation didn't get), which worries me going forward
SamTheNayru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:20 am Reply with quote
I keep reading of this movie version of Kado that apparently fixes the ending of the original TV anime.
I loved the first four episodes, but stopped watching after reading that the ending sucked.
Is there a way to legally watch the movie version?
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
SamTheNayru wrote:
I keep reading of this movie version of Kado that apparently fixes the ending of the original TV anime.
I loved the first four episodes, but stopped watching after reading that the ending sucked.
Is there a way to legally watch the movie version?

It was available for streaming on Toei's Japanese YouTube channel (with English subs) for 2 weeks but was removed on June 4th.
Cab329

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:10 pm Reply with quote
So, what is the movie's ending is since the movie is no longer available? I know a certain character doesn't appear but that's all I've heard so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2