• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Asta, Yami, & Yuno Vie for Top Spot in Black Clover Popularity Poll

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:51 pm Reply with quote
How Asta could come out on top of anything other than a "most punchable protagonist of all time" ranking is beyond me.
pauladls

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Yami is the best, gauche is 8 Crying or Very sad
Dukeduke3dd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
How Asta could come out on top of anything other than a "most punchable protagonist of all time" ranking is beyond me.
yet people like Meliodas for and give him a free pass some reason
joe_g7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Did Asta scream his way to the top

This is what I came here for.
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

Bakugo and Luffy (always number one) was first place in My Hero Academia and One Piece polls, maybe kids like loudmouths. Sad, that Noelle lose popularity, she has 834 votes, now she just has 709. Also, how the heck her brother in the top 10? He hardly does anything, besides putting Noelle down.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes I just love the top 7. As I would actually have almost the same. Asta as #1 makes me super happy. My buff boy is the best, the internet haters have nothing on him. Luck being top 4 also makes me super happy. He is just so damn cool.

Overall, very nice taste BC fanbase. You all voted well. The Asta love is perfect.
-SP-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:27 pm Reply with quote
The characters are so bland and unoriginal. Noelle might be the most basic tsundere I have ever seen, literally a textbook example, also probably the worst and most boring characters in the story.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm annoyed that the incest pedophile & Noelle's abusive classist older brother made it into the top 10.

Actually I'm more annoyed with Nozel's placement because he hasn't actually done anything of note in the last tons of chapters. He just gave Asta a healing item once, that's literally it.

At least Asta & sister lover have actually done shit in comparison even if their still both bad & annoying characters.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:04 pm Reply with quote
It's always funny how people who hate BC are so fast at coming and comment. Proof of it's popularity I guess.

Another comment I got to make is how high Mereoleona ranked is really cool. Her popularity shooting high so fast is so understandable. Easily one of the coolest fenale character in JUMP.
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
It's always funny how people who hate BC are so fast at coming and comment. Proof of it's popularity I guess.

Another comment I got to make is how high Mereoleona ranked is really cool. Her popularity shooting high so fast is so understandable. Easily one of the coolest fenale character in JUMP.

That not proof of being popular, it just proves they have an opinion on it. I still find it odd that people judge popularly on how much other people hate it. (I don't say that about One Piece)
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Dukeduke3dd wrote:
Top Gun wrote:

yet people like Meliodas for and give him a free pass some reason

That's because Meliodas is a sweetie and Elizabeth doesn't care if he feels her up. Cool

Last edited by Animechic420 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
I'm annoyed that the incest pedophile & Noelle's abusive classist older brother made it into the top 10.

Actually I'm more annoyed with Nozel's placement because he hasn't actually done anything of note in the last tons of chapters. He just gave Asta a healing item once, that's literally it.

At least Asta & sister lover have actually done shit in comparison even if their still both bad & annoying characters.

Okay first Gauche is cool, and the anime has taken a serious crap on his character. In the manga he is much more about Protecting Marie, not being in love with her. The nosebleeds are almost entirely an anime gag taht's barely present in the manga at all.

[quote="Replica_Rabbit"]
Top Gun wrote:
Also, how the heck her brother in the top 10? He hardly does anything, besides putting Noelle down.

To answer both of these, these polls are MANGA BASED, and recently, though not as recent as these polls, Nozel has stepped up as an important piece of the upcoming arc, also I'd wager he, like Jack, still carries a lot of good will and excitement from the recent anime stuff where they fought the Third Eye. Also of Noelle's three siblings Nozel is probably the most tolerable. Nebra isn't around much to form an opinion of and Soild is the one who's really a dick to her.

I find it funny that Nozel is the one that angers people here, but it was totally fine back in old One Piece polls when Ace was cracking top 10 and top 15 despite appearing in LESS THAN FIVE CHAPTERS before Marineford/Impel Down. At least Nozel makes an appearance every other arc or so.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:54 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Snakebit1995"]
Scion Drake wrote:

[quote= "Snakebit1995"]Okay first Gauche is cool, and the anime has taken a serious crap on his character. In the manga he is much more about Protecting Marie, not being in love with her. The nosebleeds are almost entirely an anime gag taht's barely present in the manga at all.

Replica_Rabbit wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Also, how the heck her brother in the top 10? He hardly does anything, besides putting Noelle down.

To answer both of these, these polls are MANGA BASED, and recently, though not as recent as these polls, Nozel has stepped up as an important piece of the upcoming arc, also I'd wager he, like Jack, still carries a lot of good will and excitement from the recent anime stuff where they fought the Third Eye. Also of Noelle's three siblings Nozel is probably the most tolerable. Nebra isn't around much to form an opinion of and Soild is the one who's really a dick to her.

I find it funny that Nozel is the one that angers people here, but it was totally fine back in old One Piece polls when Ace was cracking top 10 and top 15 despite appearing in LESS THAN FIVE CHAPTERS before Marineford/Impel Down. At least Nozel makes an appearance every other arc or so.

Okay first Gauche is not cool & his attraction to his sister is totally present in the manga. He has gotten nosebleeds over her & in one letter to her wrote that thinking about her gives him a strange feeling "down there", all of which again can be found in the original manga. Sure the anime exaggerates it but that's because there's something to exaggerate in the first place. I don't care how cool his magic may be, his siscon nature to a very underage girl is just gross & even then he is a tremendous prick.

Second I read the manga up to the current chapters & Nozel still barely has done shit, even accounting with his involvement in Licht's battle in the anime which is honestly still very minor. You talking shit about Ace but at least Ace has some substance even if his appearances are few. He is revealed to be Luffy's brother, is a nice & friendly guy, kicked Smokers ass, took out a bunch of ships solo on water, is shown to be Whitebeard's second in command, & battled Blackbeard & his entire crew alone. All of that greater in relative amount than anything Nozel has done in the entirety of his lifespan at the moment.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

[quote= "Snakebit1995"]Okay first Gauche is cool, and the anime has taken a serious crap on his character. In the manga he is much more about Protecting Marie, not being in love with her. The nosebleeds are almost entirely an anime gag taht's barely present in the manga at all.

Replica_Rabbit wrote:
Top Gun wrote:

Okay first Gauche is not cool & his attraction to his sister is totally present in the manga. He has gotten nosebleeds over her & in one letter to her wrote that thinking about her gives him a strange feeling "down there". Sure the anime exaggerates it but that's because there's something to exaggerate in the first place. I don't care how cool his magic may be, his siscon nature is just gross & even then he is a tremendous prick.

Second I read the manga up to the current chapters & Nozel still barely has done shit, even accounting with his involvement in Licht's battle in the anime which is honestly still very minor. You talking shit about Ace but at least Ace has some substance even if his appearances are few. He is revealed to be Luffy's brother, is a nice & friendly guy, kicked Smokers ass, took out a bunch of ships solo on water, is shown to be Whitebeard's second in command, & battled Blackbeard & his entire crew alone. All of that greater in relative amount than anything Nozel has done in the entirety of his lifespan at the moment.

Okay are we reading the same manga? Cause I'm looking through my volumes and I'm not seeing the super pervert Gauche you seem to be peddling, unless you're refering to a fan translation.

Also Nozel has done things, as I just said his big moment just happened in the anime, he has a rivalry with Yami and just last month he had a big scene in the manga.

Ace had no substance back in the early 2000s when he was getting high ranks in polls. He showed up in Alabasta, threw a punch and then peaced out for the better part of a decade. His only character was "Hey I'm cool guy like me cause the cast thinks I'm cool, kay bye." Even before his fight with Blackbeard he was hitting upper 15 in polls.

In the second popularity poll Ace came in at 8th, That poll came out before Skypia even started.

In the third he ranked 10th, that poll was in the middle of Enies Lobby. Both of those were before the fight with Blackbeard at which point Ace had appeared in THREE CHAPTERS! The anime filler with him has made people forget that he was barely in the manga at all till Marineford. He in know way justified two top ten rankings. At least Nozel shows up on the reg to have some scenes, he's in the Kingdom Raid (Where he clashes with Fugoleon), The Snow Cave (where he fights Fana), The pre-Sea Temple (Where he gets in a verbal spat with Yami), and the most recent arc where he led an attacking force with Meroleona.

I'm sorry but Nozel has done a lot more to justify his place as a top ten character than a guy who threw a couple of punches and then didn't appear again in anything resembling a significant capacity for nearly a decade.

Ace didn't get any real character till Impel Down and really Marineford. Right now I feel like I know more about Nozel than I did about Ace in the equivalent time of the manga.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

Hey, Asta may be loud and obnoxious, but he's way too nice a guy to be punchable.

Now, Makoto from School Days? There's a real contender for "most punchable protagonist".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2