• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind Manga Gets TV Anime in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukenago

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:20 am Reply with quote
Super excited for this Very Happy
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:31 am Reply with quote
Wooooooooo!
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
ATTN ANN staff and JoJo community: There is NO or Vento Aureo, the name of Part 5 has always been GOLDEN WIND (黄金の風), there is no first party Japanese source that has ever even once called the part by its ITALIAN TRANSLATION let alone the creator Araki. That is a fake name.

Uh, I need a source if you're going to claim so. I mean, I've seen lots of official merchandise with VENTO AUREO written on them. Examples: this poster, this figure, these notes, this strap etc. Or are you saying that all these merchs are bull and not approved by Araki, and yet still produced and sold freely (not sold actually, these are lottery limited merchs afaik)?

Also if you're going by the logic that "it's not what Araki calls it", so it should be known as Ougon no Kaze and not the translation GOLDEN WIND. And part 2 should be Sentou Chouryuu, huh?

While we're at it, DIU should be Diamond is not Crash (the video also shown Part 5 being titled VENTO AUREO instead of Golden Wind)
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 pm Reply with quote
And too think some people said it was never going to come out
DopeyDragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Kinda disappointed they went for Giorno's pink color scheme, but I'm excited that this got announced nonetheless.
Joa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:13 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
ATTN ANN staff and JoJo community: There is NO or Vento Aureo, the name of Part 5 has always been GOLDEN WIND (黄金の風), there is no first party Japanese source that has ever even once called the part by its ITALIAN TRANSLATION let alone the creator Araki. That is a fake name. The name has always been simply,

Golden Wind.

We've known this for a very long time and I had hoped we'd already established this a long time ago but at least with the anime this information will be more widely publicized. Never call it Vento Aureo again if you're a professional outlet ANN.

I have the Jump Comics Digital volumes on Amazon Kindle and they do say Vento Aureo on the table of content pages.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:53 pm Reply with quote
It barely needs to be said that the screening must be the rallying point par excellence for AX.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omegafinal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:54 pm Reply with quote
[quote="shiranehito"]
anddo! wrote:
While we're at it, DIU should be Diamond is not Crash (the video also shown Part 5 being titled VENTO AUREO instead of Golden Wind)

Which come to think of it, when did the subtitle "Diamond is Unbreakable" became official, in a word. I accept both, but "DiU" makes more sense in English speaking terms than "DinC". At least Vento Aureo and Golden Wind means the same in different languages. (Granted, I do not know the full history of the series, only acquainted with the series through the Capcom fighting game, but didn't get into it until the David Production adaptations.)

ADDON: Huh. Decided to run the Japanese title of Diamond is Unbreakable through Google Translate, came out with "Diamonds are Unbreakable". So one answer I was looking for was dead simple, and maybe changed to have it sound better. Huh.

Last edited by omegafinal on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Omg I hope it gets a dub and Part 4 and 5 are shown on Toonami! I’m just loving Jojo!
gedata

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
ATTN ANN staff and JoJo community: There is NO or Vento Aureo, the name of Part 5 has always been GOLDEN WIND (黄金の風), there is no first party Japanese source that has ever even once called the part by its ITALIAN TRANSLATION let alone the creator Araki. That is a fake name. The name has always been simply,

Golden Wind.

We've known this for a very long time and I had hoped we'd already established this a long time ago but at least with the anime this information will be more widely publicized. Never call it Vento Aureo again if you're a professional outlet ANN.

What about spoiler[Ougon no Kaze?]
hinugundam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
This is the greatest news ever. Part Five is easily my favorite Part (maybe tied with SBR) and Giorno is by far my favorite JoJo. Can’t wait to see the Green Day, White Album, and Metallica fights.

DopeyDragon wrote:
Kinda disappointed they went for Giorno's pink color scheme, but I'm excited that this got announced nonetheless.

Aww... the pink is my favorite of his colors. I just hope they go with the golden version of Gold Experince R instead of the green, but we’ll have to wait till the end to see.
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
younesase wrote:

Long story short, the name JOJO'S BIZZARE ADVENTURE was made by the author himself for parts 1-4 and part 6-8, for part 5 he didn't chose to translate it into english but did it in italian and the title he himself came up with is LE BIZZARRE AVVENTURE DI GIOGIO Parte5 VENTO AUREO. But of course the english translators didn't use that name and chose to continue with the english one and this decision makes sense since nobody will recognize the series with a foreigh title.
Again, the name Golden Wind is translated by the actual offcial translators of the manga and not Araki and that's that, VENTO AUREO is translated by Araki himself.

COMPLETELY false. Your research is flawed and fallacious. Araki ONLY ever picked Le Bizarre Avventure di GioGio, the Vento Aureo title has never once been used by him in the original run of the series and instead we've only gotten the kana 黄金の風 from every FIRST PARTY JAPANESE SOURCE. People like to group together the Le Bizarre Avveture moniker with Vento Aureo but the two are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE and have never been conjoined by anyone other than extremely inexperienced fan translators from the late 2000s who did it for stylistic purposes only. Ironically Vento Aureo WAS eventually used in recent 2010s media in Japan in the same stylistic fashion, but then again so has Golden Wind in the SAME CONTEXT.

黄金の風 becomes Golden Wind. It's as simple as that, and this pointless Vento Aureo meme will end just like Diamond is Not Crash before it. Spreading misinformation about Vento Aureo's origins is absolutely disgraceful.
IkariBrendo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:23 pm Reply with quote
anddo! wrote:
younesase wrote:

Long story short, the name JOJO'S BIZZARE ADVENTURE was made by the author himself for parts 1-4 and part 6-8, for part 5 he didn't chose to translate it into english but did it in italian and the title he himself came up with is LE BIZZARRE AVVENTURE DI GIOGIO Parte5 VENTO AUREO. But of course the english translators didn't use that name and chose to continue with the english one and this decision makes sense since nobody will recognize the series with a foreigh title.
Again, the name Golden Wind is translated by the actual offcial translators of the manga and not Araki and that's that, VENTO AUREO is translated by Araki himself.

COMPLETELY false. Your research is flawed and fallacious. Araki ONLY ever picked Le Bizarre Avventure di GioGio, the Vento Aureo title has never once been used by him in the original run of the series and instead we've only gotten the kana 黄金の風 from every FIRST PARTY JAPANESE SOURCE. People like to group together the Le Bizarre Avveture moniker with Vento Aureo but the two are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE and have never been conjoined by anyone other than extremely inexperienced fan translators from the late 2000s who did it for stylistic purposes only. Ironically Vento Aureo WAS eventually used in recent 2010s media in Japan in the same stylistic fashion, but then again so has Golden Wind in the SAME CONTEXT.

黄金の風 becomes Golden Wind. It's as simple as that, and this pointless Vento Aureo meme will end just like Diamond is Not Crash before it. Spreading misinformation about Vento Aureo's origins is absolutely disgraceful.

Here's a Japanese volume cover with "Le Bizzarre Avventure di GioGio: Vento Aureo on it.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71v93uM4JXL.jpg
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:10 pm Reply with quote
JoJo Fridays are back baby!
CelestialEmpress

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Man, I can't wait to see that god-awful Swiss cheese looking outfit animated in all its terrible glory.

Now the big question is what will be the ED.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4