• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! Anime Stars Haruka Shiraishi, Manami Numakura

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:02 am Reply with quote
Well, it does make you think when someone comes into the discussion about a loli title, and complain about it being a loli title that maybe he has a point there.
Not to mention it is anime, it won't be playing the lolicon part up anyways.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:

They certainly are more interesting (and way less in number) than the usual, so yeah, they kinda are.

Only to people who think lolicons and shotacons are unironically funny or good characters even when their fetish is the only substantial quirk to their character.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Sunny milk wrote:

They certainly are more interesting (and way less in number) than the usual, so yeah, they kinda are.

Only to people who think lolicons and shotacons are unironically funny or good characters even when their fetish is the only substantial quirk to their character

We will see about that, Mr Prejudice.
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh good lord...
But this is from Doga Kobo so I'm not surprised.
I'm mean don't get me wrong, they make some good shows like Tada Never Falls in Love and Plastic Memories, but still...

Last edited by Heishi on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:32 pm Reply with quote
marshmallowpie wrote:
So there's this, Happy Sugar Life, and Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita all upcoming... is this a trend? What's next, is Yuzumori-san going to be animated or something?

For the reference, this does bother me, because sure, plenty of anime air every season, but it's not like yuri makes up the bulk of that, no matter how generous you are about the definition of yuri. WRT anime as a whole, three shows doesn't make a huge difference, but for yuri, three is too many. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what others think, but I don't really want this many shows colouring people's impressions about yuri (or lesbians in general, even if you want to say that lesbian and yuri don't totally overlap). Kanamemo's existence is bad enough.

John Hayabusa wrote:

They must be triggered that it is not their typical harem anime. No boring male lead to put themselves into to create an illusion of being in heaven where they are surrounded by a group of overly sexy waifu everyday.

Yeah, okay, you hate male-self insert characters, you don't need to say it a million times, everyone knows.

This feels like Haruka Nishida all over again and that is not a good thing, at all.
I'm sure everyone knows how I feel about Haruka Nishida...

Evil or Very Mad
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:56 pm Reply with quote
So 4 pages of trollish insults and arguing on both sides over a simple cast announcement? Yea we're done here.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4