• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuri!!! on Ice Concert With New Anime Film News to Stream Live Globally on Sunday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:20 am Reply with quote
I would buy a CD of this in a heartbeat...honestly give me a live DVD/Blue Ray release...worth it, would watch again.

Can't wait for those new songs!

At the Airport, killed me a bit. Love that scene.

Ok. This kid. He's the BEST!!!! What a voice!!!!! AGAPE!!!! I am SO impressed right now. Shocked
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:25 am Reply with quote
I got chills listening to him. And, yes, would love a bluray of this. Looks like I'm going to need to keep an eye on Aitai Kuji.

Unfortunately, since this deals with music from the series, I imagine that any cds or DVDs/BDs couldn't be shipped outside of Japan. You'd have to get it from a 3rd party.

Damn, I forgot how powerful Otabek's songs were.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:29 am Reply with quote
Yeah I know...it's sad that they have such a tight hold on all that is Yuri. I can only hope that the movie gets an international release...*crosses fingers*

Otabek always packed a punch for me. His songs always made me feel on guard, but in a good way. Very intense stuff. That orchestra nailed that.

Ugg...Yurio all growns up. Seriously making me miss piano. (damned arthritis...grrr)
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:33 am Reply with quote
Yes, the orchestra nailed it.

I imagine since they are doing an international livestream of this that there's a good chance we'll get an international release of the movie. I just hope that it's somewhere near me. Living in a college town in Indiana requires me to travel some sort of distance whenever there's an anime movie release in the theaters. Indianapolis was only an hour travel away to see the Madoka Magica movies. I would hope we could get the YOI movie there.

Ah, Yuri's FS song was gorgeous.

OH SHIT OH SHIT OH SHIT. IS IT? IS IT COMING?!!!

YES IT IS!!! YURI ON ICE!!!

AND NOW DUETTO!!! The rapture has come, my soul is not on this earth anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:40 am Reply with quote
Gotta say, I miss being back home in Wisconsin, but I do really enjoy being in a big city like Raleigh. Even if I have to drive 45 mins, I still get to see almost every movie I want subbed in theaters. (I have 4 coming up in July alone...) I'm hoping this gets released near me. And I hope it does for you too!

I saw that clip, and I started freaking out as internally as I could...but yes...

...it is...

YURI ON ICE!!!!!

And I scratch what I typed before...THIS song makes me miss the piano! That pianist nailed it!!!!!

And YES, Duetto!!!!

My heart is happy now.

Their voices were amazing together. And I want that dress. NAO.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 am Reply with quote
I just. WOW. WOW. Yes, I wish my family still owned the grand piano we had growing up. I have a need to learn to play Yuri on Ice.

I am so happy now. That pause to take in the atmosphere was needed.

And OH F*** that guy is back to give us an amazing Welcome to the Madness. Totally wasn't ready for the sudden guitar and his screaming. Haha, loved how it completely broke the still atmosphere.

OMG, YEAH YEAH YEAH with the Banquet scene. I love it!!!!
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:49 am Reply with quote
Seriously, this guy is amazing! His voice is slaying me! He has done so much for this concert already, and it looks like he's doing more!

Welcome to the Madness and Yeah Yeah Yeah! Cause Banquet scene is BEST scene! Very Happy

I love this guy so much! So much energy and talent!!!

Seriously though. My body is ready for History Maker.

Last edited by Time Bandit on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:52 am Reply with quote
Now we just need someone on a pole onstage. Anime hyper That was so much fun!

YES! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!! I hope that means History Maker is coming after!

Last edited by Crisha on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:53 am Reply with quote
LOL! I'd take some pole dancing...I've been drinking sake, so I'm ready...lol...

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dead. Thats it. This song is just so good!!!! <3 <3

...wait are they telling me to chug...sake isn't really chuggable, but ok...lol
Sweetmusic_01

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
I hope that means History Maker is coming after!

I hope so too. *fingers crossed*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:57 am Reply with quote
Sweetmusic_01 wrote:
willag wrote:
I hope that means History Maker is coming after!

I hope so too. *fingers crossed*

Ahhh, Welcome to the Madness! Very Happy

Hoping this in an intro to the new movie songs maybe...? My Japanese sucks...trying to work on that...lol
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:59 am Reply with quote
Aw, I really appreciate them speaking some English. It's really kind and considerate. Also, the small mistake was cute. "Looking this show" and then being corrected to "watching this show."

I wish I knew better than a passing understanding of Japanese. I'm keeping an eye on Twitter to see if any of the fanartists I follow have some translations.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:03 am Reply with quote
Right? I love the English. I appreciate them knowing that this is streaming for an international audience. Smile

I have a few games that will teach me better Japanese, I just haven't been able to really sit down and play them.

OMG, IT'S HISTORY MAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With ALL the vocalists! Thats awesome!!!
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 am Reply with quote
YES, I love this rendition of History Maker with all of the vocalists! It's even more amazing!

Last edited by Crisha on Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Sweetmusic_01

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:06 am Reply with quote
Such a unique way of performing History Maker. I love it. <3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4