• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Strike Witches: Road to Berlin TV Anime Revealed for 2020

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vadara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:38 pm Reply with quote
...shouldn't Berlin not even in exist in the SW universe since the countries are all different?

Then again several SW materials directly reference Africa so *shrug*.
NGK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:53 pm Reply with quote
If strike witches universe spreads to Pacific, they should do cross-over with Kancolle universe Laughing

... and I hope some studio other than Silver Link should handle the next SW projects. Gonzo and AIC totally gets the pantsu-service aspect of this show while Silverlink sqandered it.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:22 am Reply with quote
Vadara wrote:
...shouldn't Berlin not even in exist in the SW universe since the countries are all different?

Then again several SW materials directly reference Africa so *shrug*.

According to the official lore, while some of the names of places are different, some are still the same like Egypt. Furthemore, this is the same universe where Rommel, Montgomery and Patton work together to lead a joint tank witch and army task force to liberate Egypt from the Neuroi.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Why do I get the feeling that "Road to Berlin" sounds a little bit like "Road to Germany"?

I doubt it would be anything like that Family Guy episode

I like the intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-YTIqa73qA

Anyway, I LOVE Strike Witches and its really nice that its getting a new anime.

As the title goes, I guess we'll wait and see what the plot will be.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 am Reply with quote
Can't wait, always up for more Strike Witches.

firedragon54738 wrote:
3 new Strike Witches is just so sweet but hoping Funi dosnt get them they really do take years after they get it to release them

Worth the wait to keep the great dub cast additions coming for me, but it was surprising it didn't join the simuldubs last time for Brave Witches. I guess it's still unlikely but maybe it will this time? I wonder if it's a licensing thing since BW still had a big delay but did come slightly little faster than the previous seasons due to the dub streaming the following year since it didn't have to fully wait for the disc release. Plus I think it was still simulcast with the sub on CR in the meantime.

That said it's pretty crazy we're getting Brave Witches on BD in September despite there still being no sign of Operation Victory Arrow. I wonder what's holding up them being able to license that OVA series.

NGK wrote:
If strike witches universe spreads to Pacific, they should do cross-over with Kancolle universe Laughing

... and I hope some studio other than Silver Link should handle the next SW projects. Gonzo and AIC totally gets the pantsu-service aspect of this show while Silverlink sqandered it.

Yeah the other two did get the pantsu-service in there better.

I'm excited to see how David Production does with this season, that was a nice looking trailer and I've enjoyed the animation in a bunch of their shows like Jojo, Level-E, and Armed Librarians: Book of Bantorra.

Yup, that would be a fun cross-over.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2