• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Summer 2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Ah, you're right, I got confused since they seem to be taking turns on who gets the Hand Shakers of the season Laughing

Or each covering one of the two competitors for the bottom, like last season. I do worry that Chris will get a fair amount of push back, depending on how he reviews Demon Lord, given the push back James got on Death March and how Demon Lord seems seems more popular and better rated than Death March. But I think Chris did a good job with Eromanga-Sensei despite not being fond of the incest aspect, and maybe he could do the same here. Then again he did still get push back on that show, albeit less heated than with Death March.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Nice, all the shows I voted for got in!

Also,
Quote:
Theron Martin
Happy Sugar Life
Overlord III
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs

This is gonna be good. (Part 2)

kinghumanity wrote:
Why does Theron always get the boob shows? Laughing Laughing

Seriously every time a boob fan service show comes out, it goes to Theron. I refuse to believe it’s a coincidence. Laughing

I think it has to do with getting the best person for the job and he seems to be the one who is the most open to giving shows like these a chance more than any other reviewer on ANN.
Venti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Glad that all the shows I'm really enjoying so far made it in (Starlight, Asobi Asobase, Chio, Sugar Life and Harukana). I wish 7 Senses made it in, as I feel it has some potential (could also be a trainwreck however), but that may just be my bias towards Lerche shows talking.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Venti wrote:
Glad that all the shows I'm really enjoying so far made it in (Starlight, Asobi Asobase, Chio, Sugar Life and Harukana). I wish 7 Senses made it in, as I feel it has some potential (could also be a trainwreck however), but that may just be my bias towards Lerche shows talking.

Oh yeah I didn't realize at first that 7 sense didn't make the cut pretty surprised tbh. (not related to quality, I didn't watch it, juts surprised in general)
Toonces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I voted for AoT 3, MHA 3, Overlord III, Banana Fish, Angels of Death, Planet With, and Revue Starlight, so I'm pretty pleased with this list.

I was also worried Starlight might not make it onto the list, so that's a nice surprise. And while I dropped How NOT to Summon, seeing that Chris will be reviewing it may make me change my mind.
Raneth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Very glad to see Cells at Work made it in. That show thoroughly charmed me (and seems to have charmed many others, considering it was the header image for both the initial poll and one of Jacob's Twitter posts about the poll). Very Happy
Midonin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
While I feel like Re'Union and Music Girls probably would've been inoffensive enough for reviews, I'm mostly glad that Ragnarok didn't make the cut. I'm also personally enjoying Jashin, but I understand why it didn't make the cut, when Chio and Asobi are out there. It's a comedy-heavy season. While Magical Girl Site wasn't quite as nihilistic as its first episode suggested, I don't see Ragnarok improving in the same way. So dodged a bullet there.

Otherwise, looks good.

Last edited by Midonin on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Cool. All 12 shows I voted for got selected. Other than that I am surprised matter of ragnarock didn't get selected, that was my guess for this season's hate review. By comparison how not to summon a demon lord still looks competent. I will be watching Lord of vermilion despite the fact that I didn't vote for it. That is the kind of weird edgy show I like to enjoy by myself without the need of a weekly discussion. Tbh this season is looking really good while the previous one had quite a few great shows this one has plenty of all around fun series. Let's hope it stays that way
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting Guns and Princes not to make it, but I’m pretty sad Phantom in the Twilight wasn’t chosen. I just watched the second episode and it was great. I am having so much fun with this show already.
NicoleNippah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Almost everything I voted for got a daily review, looking forward for the reviews of Banana Fish, Planet With and Happy Sugar Life.

I am surprised James didn't get to review Asobi Asobase, seems that he really loves the show so far, so I was expecting him to get that show, but at least it seems he will catch a break after reviewing Franxx. I am glad that Holmes of Kyoto also got reviews and that Rebecca will be doing them.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I was only watching 2 shows this season plus MHA and they got in so I'm good.
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:34 pm Reply with quote
What about Muhyo to Roujii?
It begins next month, it's a little unfair for it to get excluded when we couldn't get an idea of the show like the others.
scowler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Are reviews coming for Doreiku and/or Magical Girl Site ?
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:04 pm Reply with quote
The only 2 show I am reading the review of, MHA and Black Clover, are still there. All is well.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
What about Muhyo to Roujii?
It begins next month, it's a little unfair for it to get excluded when we couldn't get an idea of the show like the others.

If it gets enough talk when it comes out then it could get picked up. (Something to that effect was in the article, I believe.)

I'm a little surprised that neither Seven Senses of the Re'Union nor Phantom of the Twilight (which I thought was a grade above the other bishie shows) made the cut. I'll probably follow both and can promise full-season reviews on them at the end of the season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3