• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Angels of Death

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:00 am Reply with quote
I am absolutely going to lose a ton of sleep on Thursday nights before this series ends because I am a loser and it affects me in ways I cannot understand.
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I need Zack back sooner than later. He's been sidelined too long..

This.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering why Rachel's room had a bushel basket of eyeballs. Was Danny supplying her with eyes for her stuffed toy surgery, or did he just feel compelled to add his own touches to the decor?
Corfish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:27 pm Reply with quote
To clarify a misconception I'm seeing everywhere, the problem isn't what she did, but she didn't tell Zack. Zack makes it abundantly clear he hates liars, Rachel, seeing Zack as her god, believe the fact she lied to him is akin to sinning. This is why she is completely freaking out. As far as she is concerned Zack will hate her for lying.

Dunno why they made Zack freak out at the video though, he's surprised in the game, but not shocked lol.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
"big brother"........haha riiiiiiight. Laughing

I cannot see them as that. I......definitely can't....nope, these two could never be siblings in my eyes.

Unless you want to go the Oreimo route.
Shiawase_Rina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what the thought process was when they directed this episode... It's almost like they didn't know what made the "But I need a God!" scene so powerful. They removed everything that made it so goosebumps-inducing? I know that they probably couldn't use the original soundtrack, meaning they couldn't use First Quarter Moon, which is just legendary! But they could've at least tried to compose a soundtrack with a similar effect? Then they changed Rachel's expression from a desperate smile with red glowing eyes full of bloodlust to the deadest eyes she ever had. Boring. And the way they just all stood by the door? Why change their positions like this? Rachel sat on the sofa her dead parents sat on. Danny stood behind her and Zack in front of Rachel. Behind Zack was a big sea of artificial flowers. Those positions were much more interesting than what we got here...

At least the scene where she shot the fake moon was well made. I was never interested in Rachel's backstory, so I won't comment on that. Well, I'm pretty sad now since my favorite scene in the game was reduced to something like this...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Zack watching the Exposition Channel

Oh thank you! I needed a laugh today. Smile

Quote:
This isn't the first time the show has walked down the path of shitty adults ruining children's lives, and it'd be one thing if the show wrestled with these issues even a little bit

What's to "wrestle" with? Shitty adults ruining children's lives is bad. It was presented as bad. Is there a different take on that to be considered? oO

As for why sewing, Rachel seems obsessed with "fixing" things, and sewing fixes damaged things. I imagine she's witnessed a lot of ripped clothing in her household, and the sewing that covered up that violence to "fix" it to nearly its original state. She just applies that to everything broken.

Anyway, my suspicion is that it's time to bid Danny farewell. Sad But with 3 more episodes, maybe he dodged a bullet after all, since I don't see Gray being enough of an antagonist to carry this through to the end alone. I hope so.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:43 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Anyway, my suspicion is that it's time to bid Danny farewell. Sad

Well, that'd be something nice atleast. Jesus effin' Christ I find that dude annoying. I don't remember the last time a character has grinded my gears as much as that dude in his crazy crazy mode with his tongue out. Evil or Very Mad
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:16 pm Reply with quote
*curls up in an angsty ball*

Good lord I just want them to be happy.

Oh and I highly recommend The Abridged Series; it is glorious.

As well as Funi's dub. Some of the lines (mostly Zack's) are gold...enough for me to actually change my ringtone to the best one. Laughing
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I don't remember the last time a character has grinded my gears as much as that dude in his crazy crazy mode with his tongue out.

I could certainly do without the lolling tongue bit, but I just love listening to Sakurai going beyond his usual limits. I think Osomatsu-san really opened up his world in terms of what directors will cast him for and let him experiment with. He used to be stuck with youthful protagonist (Kyou Kara Maoh, Junjou Romantica), sexy, brooding hero/villain (Fruit of Grisaia, Berserk), or sports (Ace of Diamond) roles, but lately he's been doing stuff I barely recognize his voice in, or just pulling out all the stops and obviously having a blast. His gradual turn from soothing and compassionate voice of authority to stark raving mad in the first episode was sort of a one-stop distillation of his career evolution. Smile
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
*curls up in an angsty ball*

Good lord I just want them to be happy.

Oh and I highly recommend The Abridged Series; it is glorious.

As well as Funi's dub. Some of the lines (mostly Zack's) are gold...enough for me to actually change my ringtone to the best one. Laughing

Yup.

Nice, I'll need to check out the abridged after it's over.

Agreed, I love this dub so much. I feel like it's added a lot to my enjoyment of the show.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
With Danny out of the picture (I told you she was gonna shoot him)

No you didn't, I did! Razz All you said was, "I'd say there's a 99.9% chance that Rachel does not actually shoot Zack." Anyway, I'm glad he's as resistant to death as Zack is. I'm still wondering about that basket of eyeballs in Ray's room, though I don't expect we'll get an explanation for that.

I loved the dry banter between them once they got moving again.

"Try pushing on the door."
<destructoscythe>
"All you had to do was push it."
"Shut up. It's open, ain't it?"
Laughing
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

"Try pushing on the door."
<destructoscythe>
"All you had to do was push it."
"Shut up. It's open, ain't it?"
Laughing

I loved that, yeah. Laughing

Also

"The doctor went this way."
"LET'S TRACK HIM DOWN AND MURDER HIS ASS!" >=D
"....that would be dangerous." >_>
"Tch. You're no fun." =3=

But BEST moment?

(nsfw language)
Was absolutely THIS.

Because I called that so hard.
Laughing (yes, I made that gif)
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Zack sure went to town on those rocks. I like how he just grabbed Ray (lol @ Ray's expression) and then the two kept talking to each other like normal while Zack was carrying Ray like luggage. And then he just dropped her without warning. Must not have felt nice being dropped from an awkward position like that and she was still carrying the knife.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
"We have 4 post-run episodes!"

"Great! But we only have 3 episodes of content."
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:57 pm Reply with quote
...............so anybody ELSE cry?

JUST ME!?

OKAY THEN....Anime cry

@Cam0

LOL AT THAT RAY FACE.

Zack obviously has fun when he's killing....but while he's SAVING that little girl, he looks like the happiest he's ever felt and that warms my mushy heart.

Of course this is already summed up in just one sentence:

spoiler["What's the point of getting out if she's dead!?"]

He doesn't care. He seriously doesn't care whether he gets out anymore. Hmmm what was that, Zack, in episode 2, you said "I have no intention of dying here with you?", was it? Laughing

But look how far he's come now....always protecting her, nearly dying for her, giving her his most precious possession, conquering his trauma for her, doing the impossible for her....it's no wonder Issac Foster won 'Favorite Male Character of the Season' on Twitter because he certainly deserves nothing less
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6