• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Revue Starlight

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super_M

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
That fujobaiting studio has been playing yuri fans like fools with a series that was not even yuri to begin with.

Kyoani have only two shows with majority male cast so is hardly fujo studio. Correcr me if i'm wrong but Free don't have canon gay character. Kyoani have Maid Dragon with canon Yuri.

Plus every season are more yuri bait shows than fujo bait shows.

Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.
AyaUcchi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:16 am Reply with quote
Holy shit the last 2 pages were full of text that barely had anything to do with Starlight lol.
Tbh, it's probably never getting a second season or a movie, if it does then expect a Revue Starlight Sunshine... with a full new cast for milking money purposes assuming this anime hits it really big and I doubt that would happen cause it's not as simple and straightforward as idol anime, I'd still pray for this franchise's success but I'm not sure about another Sunshine.

I don't wanna re-open the yuri discussion so I'll keep my opinion to myself.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:45 pm Reply with quote
AyaUcchi wrote:
Holy shit the last 2 pages were full of text that barely had anything to do with Starlight lol.
Tbh, it's probably never getting a second season or a movie, if it does then expect a Revue Starlight Sunshine... with a full new cast for milking money purposes assuming this anime hits it really big and I doubt that would happen cause it's not as simple and straightforward as idol anime, I'd still pray for this franchise's success but I'm not sure about another Sunshine.

What about OVA? Anime will receive a couple of specials this month, so they could make OVA at least in the form of after story.
AyaUcchi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:47 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
AyaUcchi wrote:

What about OVA? Anime will receive a couple of specials this month, so they could make OVA at least in the form of after story.

8 mins per episode (3 of them) with only comedy tag doesn't seem like much story focused content. (at least that's what MAL says)
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
@AyaUcchi I know, I meant that they could make OVA besides the spacials.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:23 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa and vonPeterhof,

Enough of the thread de-railing / soapboxing. You can stop now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:24 pm Reply with quote
AyaUcchi wrote:

I want to be optimistic for this series despite a second season's chance is currently leaning to unlikely. This is a multimedia project after all. If the fans support its other media (live action plays, mobile game, manga, etc.) well enough, it will have the profit to produce second season.
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
A bit late to the party having to play catch on the last few episodes. Anyway, I have been blown away by Starlight. It's actual as better than the real Ikuhara's last directorial attempt with Yuri Bear Storm and stands very close to Utena and Penguindrum in quality.

Somehow Karen and Hikari managed to outgay everyone else, what with Karen essentially proposing. It also reminds me so much of exactly why I love Karen so much and why she's probably my favorite anime character of the year. She simply refuses to just accept the hard truths of the world as immutable and will always seek the better, happier outcome. She might be simple and untroubled, but she's so admirable and her way of doing things is always entertaining and when she wants to be inspiring, she's dazzling in a way none of the other girls can possibly match.

Also, I knew the giraffe didn't have any respect for the fourth wall! But I wasn't expecting that moment; that was perfect.

In case you missed it, though, don't be a giraffe, don't contribute to predictable, exploitative media products. Open ended works of passion are more interesting and you don't contribute to harming anybody.

Yeah, this is definitely my top anime pick of 2018
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8