• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
your name. Director Makoto Shinkai Teases New Film for Next Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feli1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:44 am Reply with quote
only thing I want to say to u mr shinkai is from now on MAKE UR NEXT WORKS WRITTING ACTUALLY GOOD!! u already got the tools to bring it to life
ericarreza

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:47 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Here's hoping his next film has less boob jokes this time.

So probably that's the reason why Your Name got snubbed at the Oscars nod last year for Best Animated Feature Film. Laughing

Anyway, I hope his latest movie will be much better than Your Name/Kimi No Nawa and finally get an Oscars nod when that one will be release, so what's the title of his new movie? Question
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:54 am Reply with quote
Just saying, but it will be hard for Shinkai to come up with a new work that could overshadow Your Name's international recognition.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:44 pm Reply with quote
OMG.... It's totally going to be To The Moon isn't it? If it isn't fully written by Shinkai himself and what Kan Gao recently posted is true then, it would all adds up.... HYYYYYPPPPEEED!
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:39 am Reply with quote
ericarreza wrote:
FireChick wrote:
Here's hoping his next film has less boob jokes this time.

So probably that's the reason why Your Name got snubbed at the Oscars nod last year for Best Animated Feature Film. Laughing

Anyway, I hope his latest movie will be much better than Your Name/Kimi No Nawa and finally get an Oscars nod when that one will be release, so what's the title of his new movie? Question

I don't know about that, it's just the Academy don't recognize anime as a legit filmmaking. Not to mention you have to meet different quotas in order to get nominated. Like to premiere at a couple of film festivals.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2