• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'So I'm a Spider, So What?' Anime's Videos Reveal Lead Voice Actress Aoi Yūki

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otagirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Awful looking CGI...
LN-kumo design (not manga)...
Aoi Yuki awkward not cute voice....

NAI WA!!!
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:25 pm Reply with quote
otagirl wrote:
Awful looking CGI...
LN-kumo design (not manga)...
Aoi Yuki awkward not cute voice....

Yeah because Kumo had a cute voice in your head that doesn't mean she really had one, she always called herself as a awkward girl with no friend.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I've always imagined Spider-chan to be the reincarnation of Tomoko from Watamote, and while I'd prefer Izumi Kitta for the roll, Aoi Yuki's performance is pretty much what I imagined.
Sulfy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
I've always imagined Spider-chan to be the reincarnation of Tomoko from Watamote, and while I'd prefer Izumi Kitta for the roll, Aoi Yuki's performance is pretty much what I imagined.

Great, now I remembered that we're probably never getting a season 2 of Watamote...
...but yeah, her voice would be kind of perfect LOL. Still glad we got Aoi Yuki though, she has quite the range.
Calico

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Y'all, I have read the light novel. That is why I don't like the subplot. I don't really care how "integral" it is to the worldbuilding because it sucks. If it's so important, then the author should have, I don't know, written it better. Or made it interesting. Honestly, I feel that the constant interjections that explained things actively hurt the tension in the story, like we didn't need to know thatspoiler[Kumoko is actually super special and unique because she can use the Appraisal skill.]
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I really hate whining so to all you complaining about whatever nonsense your complaining about, I’m glad the thing your all whining about is being kept in.

So the trailer looks interesting, hopefully that CG looks better in the actual episode proper.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
Y'all, I have read the light novel. That is why I don't like the subplot. I don't really care how "integral" it is to the worldbuilding because it sucks. If it's so important, then the author should have, I don't know, written it better. Or made it interesting. Honestly, I feel that the constant interjections that explained things actively hurt the tension in the story, like we didn't need to know thatspoiler[Kumoko is actually super special and unique because she can use the Appraisal skill.]

I enjoyed the "subplot" so thats just your opinion (and anyone who agrees of course ;P)
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
spoiler[Kumoko is actually super special and unique because she can use the Appraisal skill.]

Oh god, is it too much to ask that a character succeed trough there own mean rather than because they're super special awesome trough no effort from them? If that's really the kind of stuff I'm gonna learn from the "important backstory" (that's completely absent from the manga with 0 problem) I might just skip the anime altogether.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Ah, the reincarnation fantasy genre's answer to The Martian.

Okay, half-serious observation here.

Aoi Yuuki: 145 cm.
Sakura (A Kind Land): small 11-year-old girl.
Murasaki Kuhouin: 7-year-old girl.
Iris: not that short from what I can tell using Google, but looks like one of the shorter girls Ash has known.
Victorique de Blois: around 140 cm.
Madoka Kaname: around 150 cm depending on the source; the shortest magical girl in her series.
Hibiki Tachibana: okay, 157 cm is pretty respectable.
Kirara: 168 cm! actually pretty dang tall!
Diane: literal giant, still 165 cm when human-sized.
Yuuki Konno: 153 cm.
Tatsumaki: back to the short stuff, sometimes mistaken for a child even at the age of 28.
Noa Takigawa: 148 cm.
Kayo Hinazuki: 10/11-year-old girl, shorter than Satoru.
Tsuyu Asui: 150 cm.
Tanya von Degurechaff: it's called "Youjo Senki" for a reason.
Kumoko: giant only by spider standards.

...Is this a thing? Or is it just confirmation bias? There's some exceptions, but it still feels like a trend.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:37 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Calico wrote:
spoiler[Kumoko is actually super special and unique because she can use the Appraisal skill.]

Oh god, is it too much to ask that a character succeed trough there own mean rather than because they're super special awesome trough no effort from them? If that's really the kind of stuff I'm gonna learn from the "important backstory" (that's completely absent from the manga with 0 problem) I might just skip the anime altogether.

She gets strong through her own effort. Yes the Apprasial skill is really usefull but thats only for information, she can't "attack" with her apprasial skill.
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:46 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

Yeah she's super special because she can use the ability (everyone can obtaine it if the spend skill points like the MC) that let you see the enemy stats after lvl6 or 7 before that is useless. Meanwhile the other reincarnators have skills like Divine Protection (you're more likely to obtain the disired end), spoiler[True Ancestor Vampire] (spoiler[remove all the weakness a vampire usually have like sun, need blood to live and fire weakness]), spoiler[illusory weapon crafting] (spoiler[the user can create magic weapons even if he doesn't have materials]) and other.
Wow she's OP it's obvious she got the best birth ability spoiler[Skanda that increase the user speed]

Last edited by linkhuesitos15 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:02 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
I knew Aoi yuki was gonna voice this one.

Nodz wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
The 2d animation portion is fine but the CGI animation looks like something of a low budget kids show. i hope they improve it, as it is a bit off putting.

I was only bothered by the ugly CG dragon, the rest was fine.

The rest was indeed...acceptable but that dragon was truly horrendous. Laughing

Indeed, that dragon was some of the worst CGI I had ever seem. Even GCI from the 90's looks better than that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fantaselion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:
I knew Aoi yuki was gonna voice this one.

Nodz wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
The 2d animation portion is fine but the CGI animation looks like something of a low budget kids show. i hope they improve it, as it is a bit off putting.

I was only bothered by the ugly CG dragon, the rest was fine.

The rest was indeed...acceptable but that dragon was truly horrendous. Laughing

Indeed, that dragon was some of the worst CGI I had ever seem. Even GCI from the 90's looks better than that.

ok the dragon didn't look THAT bad, lets not go overboard here. If you put a cg dragon from the 90's and this one side by side I guarantee that you wouldn't think that.

But besides that, I'm surprised at the CG hate here (not surprised by the CG hate for the dragon though) cause I think it looks good. Like The CG is well detailed, the CG backgrounds look really good, its actually running at 23.976 fps which is what everyone seems to want in CG nowdays (but I guess not huh) and the animations are good for what style there going for. If you told me that this was a video game I would belive you. i think people are just so bothered by the style more than anything, and I hear "ahh her design sucks, the manga design is better" more than "ahh her CG sucks"

That being said though, since its in really early development and they havn't even released the staff details yet, Depending on what the japanese audiance thinks of it, I guarantee you they will make some tweeks to make it more watchable for those that dislike the current usage of it. The CG will still definlty be there (cause they spent the money to make the CG) but the style may change slightly. and the dragon I would expect to look better in the final product)
Phantowhite

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 pm Reply with quote
hmm not sure how i feel about this. maybe it's because i love the manga and wn so much that it's blinding me, but i don't think the cgi is that bad. it kind of makes me feel like i did when i watched kado. i mean personally, i would have preferred if they animated it with the manga's cutesy designs but again i can't say i hate it either. well at least it looks watchable so i have no real complaints
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Ah, the reincarnation fantasy genre's answer to The Martian.

Okay, half-serious observation here.

Aoi Yuuki: 145 cm.
Sakura (A Kind Land): small 11-year-old girl.
Murasaki Kuhouin: 7-year-old girl.
Iris: not that short from what I can tell using Google, but looks like one of the shorter girls Ash has known.
Victorique de Blois: around 140 cm.
Madoka Kaname: around 150 cm depending on the source; the shortest magical girl in her series.
Hibiki Tachibana: okay, 157 cm is pretty respectable.
Kirara: 168 cm! actually pretty dang tall!
Diane: literal giant, still 165 cm when human-sized.
Yuuki Konno: 153 cm.
Tatsumaki: back to the short stuff, sometimes mistaken for a child even at the age of 28.
Noa Takigawa: 148 cm.
Kayo Hinazuki: 10/11-year-old girl, shorter than Satoru.
Tsuyu Asui: 150 cm.
Tanya von Degurechaff: it's called "Youjo Senki" for a reason.
Kumoko: giant only by spider standards.

...Is this a thing? Or is it just confirmation bias? There's some exceptions, but it still feels like a trend.

It could be an an intentional unintentional trend at a typecast. I say the same thing applies to Josh Grelle with all those harem anime roles he has voiced. Why do you Yuuki-san's list would be a confirmation bias?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4