• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vinland Saga TV Anime Premieres in 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
donhumberto wrote:
EiMs wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:
So why will it be an Amazon exclusive? Is it airing on Animeism or NoitaminA? Not to mention Wit’s supposed contract with Netflix like 6 months ago...

Amazon has contract with Twin engine (6 or 7 anime I don't remember) which is producing this anime

Indeed. All of which look AWESOME (particulary Vinland Saga and Pet). I was hoping to see at least one of them in 2018 but I guess 2019 sounds ok too.Can't wait!

Kokkoku and Golden Kamuy aired earlier this year, and Le Cirque de Karakuri and Golden Kamuy season 2 are airing in the fall.

Was Golden Kamuy an Amazon exclusive? Coz it was on Crunchryroll.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
64BitRatchet wrote:
donhumberto wrote:
EiMs wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:
So why will it be an Amazon exclusive? Is it airing on Animeism or NoitaminA? Not to mention Wit’s supposed contract with Netflix like 6 months ago...

Amazon has contract with Twin engine (6 or 7 anime I don't remember) which is producing this anime

Indeed. All of which look AWESOME (particulary Vinland Saga and Pet). I was hoping to see at least one of them in 2018 but I guess 2019 sounds ok too.Can't wait!

Kokkoku and Golden Kamuy aired earlier this year, and Le Cirque de Karakuri and Golden Kamuy season 2 are airing in the fall.

Was Golden Kamuy an Amazon exclusive? Coz it was on Crunchryroll.
In another post I mentioned that all Twin Engine shows except for Golden Kamuy were Amazon exclusives.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this from all the manga praise. Hopefully Wit Studio assigns another good action animation director to this new series, their action animation has been outstanding.

Kaori Makimura wrote:
So that's why Kabaneri is being reduced to a movie sequel??
I mean I'm happy to see Vinland is getting a decent adaptation, but I wanted another 12 episode series for my feudal japan zombie slayers.;b

Yeah, I agree, I still think, and hope, we'll see a real season 2 after the movie.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Thank Zodd Wit is doing this. At least this Seinen legend will likely make it on screen unblemished. Anime of 2019?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote
It started in 4/2005 as a weekly manga then switched to a monthly manga in 12/2005. With over 13 years and 8 months between manga serialization and confirmed anime adaptation, I think this gap might be a new record for a 2000s manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2