• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Anime Recasts Gold Roger With Masane Tsukayama

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awsomeboy360

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote
With a series like One Piece, sadly I expect some actor's deaths along the way, but to have such an important character like Roger VA passing away really breaks my heart. Sometimes, at least for the sake of the anime, I wish Oda could wrap the story already (but I also know, story and buildup wise it would be terrible. And that would be kinda selfish in a way). As late as I may be, rest in peace Chikao Ohtsuka Crying or Very sad Masane Tsukayama, I hope you can bring in the charm that Ohtsuka brought in the role.
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Couldn't rely on stock voice clips forever, sooner or later there will be flashbacks to when Roger was alive.
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
WHAT!? GOLD ROGER'S SEIYUU DIED!? This actually feels so tragic for a guy who had only a few scenes. The beginning of We Are with Roger's dialogue has a VERY special place in my heart.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 pm Reply with quote
awsomeboy360 wrote:
With a series like One Piece, sadly I expect some actor's deaths along the way, but to have such an important character like Roger VA passing away really breaks my heart. Sometimes, at least for the sake of the anime, I wish Oda could wrap the story already (but I also know, story and buildup wise it would be terrible. And that would be kinda selfish in a way). As late as I may be, rest in peace Chikao Ohtsuka Crying or Very sad Masane Tsukayama, I hope you can bring in the charm that Ohtsuka brought in the role.

i actually didn't know that the seiyuu died......damn.

and anyways,id rather Oda finish the story THE RIGHT WAY! He's already ran the story for this long,might as well finish it on his own terms.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1