• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One-Punch Man Anime Season 2 Unveils Teaser, Jam Project's Return, April Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dey21

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Have to wonder if that 2020 rumour was an attempt to find the source of these leaks.

What rumor? You must stop relying on some retarded sources. Never heard about that stupid rumor. It was planned for 2018. April 2019 is really late date but ok since studio changed.

2020? Don't make me laugh.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Dey21 wrote:
Primus wrote:
Have to wonder if that 2020 rumour was an attempt to find the source of these leaks.

What rumor? You must stop relying on some retarded sources. Never heard about that stupid rumor. It was planned for 2018. April 2019 is really late date but ok since studio changed.

Yonkou on Twitter said the first episode would debut today, but that the rest of season 2 wouldn't be out until early 2020.

Yonkou has been correctly leaking WSJ stuff for years, to the point where one of WSJ's columnists has gotten publicly heated about it. I have a feeling the OPM fake news may have been an attempt to find out who's been feeding Yonkou info. Tell the people you suspect of leaking info false details. See which version Yonkou posts. You find the source.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh Yonkou....how wrong u were xD
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:39 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Dey21 wrote:
Primus wrote:

Yonkou on Twitter said the first episode would debut today, but that the rest of season 2 wouldn't be out until early 2020.

Yonkou has been correctly leaking WSJ stuff for years, to the point where one of WSJ's columnists has gotten publicly heated about it. I have a feeling the OPM fake news may have been an attempt to find out who's been feeding Yonkou info. Tell the people you suspect of leaking info false details. See which version Yonkou posts. You find the source.

That makes a lot of sense. Very interesting.
Vizo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
It would be interesting to have it air the same season as My Hero Academia.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:34 am Reply with quote
Yeah. Really looking forward to more OPM, and I love JAM Project so this is a great start getting a new song from them. The first OP was glorious.

zrnzle500 wrote:
I think it was both. Certainly the passion for the work was important, but these were also very talented people the first season’s director had connections with, and unless this season can bring animators of that level, that passion won’t be as well realized as with the first season, at least not at the same level. I’m hoping I’ll be surprised, but I’m not setting my expectations as high in that regard.

I agree it was probably a combination of both since it came out so very special. Hopefully the new team is ready.

I'm hoping it's a good sign that some of the head staff is back at least even with the studio change, like the character designer, writer, and music composer, so hopefully that will help season 2 feel right, even though the director has changed.

Heck, hopefully Kubota still has some contacts with some of those freelance animators they and Shingo got in for season 1 given that he also worked with them as the show's character designer/one of the animation directors, so hopefully he made some friends among them. And maybe somehow the extra allure of the rather huge response to the animation for the first season might somehow open some extra doors whether or not J.C. Staff has worked with some of the original show's freelancers or not in the past due to different connections and studio locations. Though that might be too good to be a reality LOL.

That said, I agree though, gonna try to keep my expectations really in check for this one since it's changed directors and studios at the same time, and because the first season was just ridiculous in how damned good it looked and the sheer consistency of how often it looked so incredible, which was kind of crazy to begin with. I just hope they can capture enough of those special visual touches to at least make it "feel right". Smile
Idort

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh god, I'm so pumped for Season 2. Cool
MeisterMitch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:52 am Reply with quote
I know I'm late to the announcement, Fingers Crossed there's a SimulDub on Toonami.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2