• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Aura Battler Dunbine

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:06 am Reply with quote
Overlord Season 2 and Ancient Magus' Bride Blu-rays when?

Quote:
a woman named Marvel Frozen

Huh, didn't know Mavelle had gotten herself involved in non-Star Ocean events. XD

https://starocean.wikia.com/wiki/Mavelle_Froesson

^Her name was written Marvel Frozen in the fan translation of the original Star Ocean.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
Those shelves are impressively packed! The owner must be a tetris master, lol.
^^; Admittedly I rarely remember ever playing Tetris, although I know it was one of the first games we got for the Game Boy. But thank you; I try with what limits I have. My collection always seems to outgrow what shelf space I have (but isn't that true for nearly anyone that collects anime and manga?).

Although also admittedly I also hope that my stacking won't eventually lead to my shelves breaking; I already had such an issue happen before, and that SUCKED terribly.
uguu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 pm Reply with quote
"The show's visuals and music have aged very poorly, and I'm not sure if they would have been considered more than middling even back in the day. The animation is rough around the edges in even its best moments, "

"Even in its best moments" lol you guys really just hate everything that has an old looking art style and mistake that for technical criticism. I watched ep 1 purely because of this article (I was gonna watch this later during my Tomino-viewing marathon) and it looks good. Very little shading but solidly drawn and often outright fluid.

I could see it being cheap overall but this is pretty overly dismissive.

Last edited by uguu on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Radrappy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Quick question for the author, is it safe to assume the subs are taken directly from the ADV release as well? I found them to be pretty clunky.

The only major thing I disagree with is the mecha design. I think they are some of the best and most unique of the era. The distintictly insectoid inspired designs are very easy to pick out in a line up and haven’t been updated or ripped off yet. Id argue they’re better and more recognizabl than Escaflowne’s.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Radrappy wrote:
Quick question for the author, is it safe to assume the subs are taken directly from the ADV release as well? I found them to be pretty clunky.

Good news about that: They went back and made changes to the subtitles to correct names and errors, apparently even updating the HiDive subs as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2