• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - What's up with Sekai Project?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srlracing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I noted fears about the business practices of Sekai Project several years ago to some friends. The problem being that Kickstarters are a way to fund tomorrow's project. When you see a company abuse the Kickstarter process by continually announcing new projects before delivering on previous projects its a sign that they may be using funds from the new project to cover overruns in costs in the previous project. You can do this for a while before it bites you, but eventually the cash you can raise with this method will be outweighed by how behind you have become from cost and time overruns. If its not too late they need to reduce their cash burn, get some funding through either a bridge loan or some other method, and get caught up on their backlog so they can establish a more sustainable revenue stream. I'm not saying this is necessarily the position they are in but I believe it to be highly likely due to how behind the delivery of their products have been.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:03 am Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
Personally, I don't think that Sekai is in a huge risk of bankruptcy because having a physical office and marketing employees who don't do much was probably hurting Sekai way more than it was helping them. That said, they really need to get their act together, and I'm personally boycotting them until I do. The only things I might consider buying are their EVNs (Starnova's surprisingly good even if it's not exactly Muv Luv Alternative), but I can't really get too motivated about that.

Probably the MG announcement in Otakon I'm most excited is Escalayer, even if that's mostly nostalgia. I should enjoy it since I thought Beat Blades Haruka was fun. MG's AX announcement of Rance X is probably the most impressive of the year though since it has the highest median score on erogamescape (a VN and eroge rating site. IIRC, Muv Luv Alternative has a slightly higher average but only has a median of 93 compared to Rance X's 99).

what would have really had make people's jaw drop is that this reboot of escalayer would have been non ero ala fate/stay night!

and from the looks of this trailer, its likely that it might happen. though the chances of that are unfortunately the same chances DMM's kamihime project A getting a non ero OVA!

SLIM TO NONE IF YOU ASK ME!!! but considering that their front and center in keeping IS relevant with its mobile games, anything is possible at this point!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

what would have really had make people's jaw drop is that this reboot of escalayer would have been non ero ala fate/stay night!

and from the looks of this trailer, its likely that it might happen. though the chances of that are unfortunately the same chances DMM's kamihime project A getting a non ero OVA!

SLIM TO NONE IF YOU ASK ME!!! but considering that their front and center in keeping IS relevant with its mobile games, anything is possible at this point!

https://vndb.org/v311

The Escalayer reboot is still an 18+ game.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:52 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:

https://vndb.org/v311

The Escalayer reboot is still an 18+ game.

i know THAT!!!!

i mean by when it eventually will gets the green light for an anime series. will it be the same as the original OVA, or will they pull a school days & FSN and have it as a non ero series???

i could easily see escalayer being a ecchi/harem/fanservice non ero series and after heaven's fell which a lot of type-moon junkies said that it would never get adapted into anime form since it had a lot more ero scenes than the other routes, i could see this working out!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2