• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Star Wars: Resistance Animated Series' Trailer Reveals October 7 Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:27 pm Reply with quote
DamianSalazar wrote:
Cartoons aren't supposed to be sexy (especially since this is a kids cartoon) or realistic. The are supposed to follow the 12 principles of animation, especially the last rule (appeal).

These days sure, but back in the 90s kids shows were perfectly fine with 'sexy' stuff. Hello Nurse, etc. And of course anime as a whole is perfectly fine with sexy characters even in kids shows. But still, this is Star Wars, originator of the slave princess outfit and the fan-favorite Twilek dancing girls. Disney might have officially axed both of those since they got the franchise , but before then the franchise never exactly shyed away from the sexy.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
The animation will enrage some but probably not bother most.

I didn't like the lack of light sabers and force powers. My introduction to Star Wars was through the Phantom Menace. When I think Phantom Menace without light sabers I think of a movie minus its only redeeming aspect. An entire animated series minus its only rede...

This show isn't about Jedi at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3