• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gintama Manga Ends in 5 Chapters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:07 pm Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:

I think there will be a "finale" arc Winter or Spring 2019.

I would have agreed if it wasn't for the fact that spoiler[the anime is only 5 chapters away from the end of this arc. This arc is most likely ending next episode and the epilogue arc is really short (only 29 chapters) so I doubt there's enough material for another season after this one.]
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:10 pm Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
consignia wrote:
I wonder what this means for the anime. There's like an episode or two before the it would hit the epilogue. And while there's loads to cover, it's nowhere near a full cour. Barely half depending on how it would be adapted. It feels like we'll possibly be getting an anime original ending, which would be a shame because there's some really good stuff in the last few chapters.

I think we will be getting one last season sometime next year. Two of my guesses are based on that I believe ANN once posted an article where the anime staff said they plan to adapt every chapter. There's also something about the "climax" of the final arc that bothers me when ANN posts Gintama anime news. I think there will be a "finale" arc Winter or Spring 2019.

I remember ANN made that article. It was saying how the anime is returning back to where it was and to the last arc. Which I hope it takes breaks soon because sometimes the anime catches up to the manga. I think it happened for that dance/waltz anime? I could be wrong.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the anime is able to cover the proper ending. It's always possible that they know how it's all going to end.
FMA:B ending very close to the manga and stuck pretty close from what I remember.
juusee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:31 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Hopefully the anime is able to cover the proper ending. It's always possible that they know how it's all going to end.
FMA:B ending very close to the manga and stuck pretty close from what I remember.

I think the final FMA:B episode aired just a few weeks before the final chapter chapter of the manga came out. The author send the studio a draft or something beforehand.

I have faith in the studio that they will finish the Gintama anime properly. They've always taken an extra step to include a few fourth wall breaking gags every now and then, showing that they're very dedicated. My only concern would be the animation quality. Hopefully they manage to full through and deliver us some of that SA/FS quality animation.
Ushio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:45 am Reply with quote
Lets see

One Piece - 1997
Hunter x Hunter - 1998 (on hiatus)

Gin Tama - 2003 (ends in 5 chapters)

Haikyu!! - 2012
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - 2012 (could be in final arc jump ranking has been terrible for awhile)

World Trigger - 2013 (on hiatus)

and everything else 4 years old or younger none of which I at least know anything about.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:04 am Reply with quote
juusee wrote:
I think the final FMA:B episode aired just a few weeks before the final chapter chapter of the manga came out. The author send the studio a draft or something beforehand.

That was the quickest time I have seen or heard that happening to any anime adaptation.
Ziko577

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
Lets see

One Piece - 1997
Hunter x Hunter - 1998 (on hiatus)

Gin Tama - 2003 (ends in 5 chapters)

Haikyu!! - 2012
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - 2012 (could be in final arc jump ranking has been terrible for awhile)

World Trigger - 2013 (on hiatus)

and everything else 4 years old or younger none of which I at least know anything about.

I wish Food Wars! would end soon as this current arc is awful as hell. I think the mangaka more or less said the hell with the plot after the Tootsuki Rebellion arc which was great. I also don't watch the anime because it looks stupid compared to the manga. As far as World Trigger goes, I thought that thing was cancelled but I heard due to the awful health of the creator that's why it hasn't gone anywhere.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:11 am Reply with quote
I just...I can't believe it! My Kagura is all grown up (*sniffles*) (Gintoki will probably a man-child forever).
I suppose it's a good time to try to catch up with the story, I admit I haven't been keeping up since the Kamui arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2