• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Canada's Anime Legacy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southkaio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:41 am Reply with quote
Too bad 4Kids Entertainment didn't work with the Ocean Group's voice actors. It would be great if such move was applied.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:00 pm Reply with quote
_NJ wrote:
FUNi has done nothing with the uncut Ocean dubs of those three movies since Geneon's distribution license expired in 2003. Hopefully this changes now that Japan is releasing their own HD remaster of the movies (and FUNi's going to want it because it's better than their own remaster and people will want to buy them again).

People will buy anything Dragon Ball Z again as long as it has FUNimation's name tied to it. It wouldn't even make a difference whether the new release is good or bad in its presentation. That's how obsessed the fandom is with this show and those know-it-alls at Kanzenshuu know that as well.
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There is one enormous chunk of Canada's anime legacy that hasn't yet been overwritten or tossed aside, and that's Beyblade, the massive battlin'-top toy franchise that's up to about four or five hundred TV episodes, every last one of them dubbed in Toronto or Vancouver. I'm pretty sure that the latest show to be screened on YTV was originally titled Beyblade Burst God, as in “God, I can't believe how much damn Beyblade there is.” The franchise's currently-airing-in-Japan season will probably show up on YTV sometime next year, like clockwork.

The anime gods are cruel. Beyblade Burst Turbo, the currently-airing-Japan season, debuted on Teletoon earlier today. All of the Canadian actors have been replaced with a non-union LA cast from Bang Zoom.

This is the first mainline Beyblade show to not be dubbed in Canada.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4