• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Rising of The Shield Hero Anime's 1st Promo Reveals January Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:04 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
According to a Sunday update on the anime's official website, Crunchyroll is simultaneously streaming the subtitled and dubbed versions overseas.

The official website wrote:
また、海外の配信サイト「Crunchyroll」にて、字幕版と吹き替え版のサイマル配信も決定しました。
詳細は続報をお待ちください。

http://shieldhero-anime.jp/news/#news_4

Occasionally the official web site of a LN- or manga-based anime adaptation lists Crunchyroll as being a streaming site for regions outside of Japan. I think this is the first time I have seen such a web site list the will be dubbing overseas.
MiloTheFirst

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:51 am Reply with quote
oh boy, this PV got me freaking hyped, that voice acting was on point and the music is just what I wanted. the only thing i found off puting was listening to some groans without the preceding shove or clashing sounds, which is weird considering they kept the footsteps track on, as if they had placed the other sound effects track but later decided to turn them off. and before you guys say anything, no, of course I wasn't expecting this pv to have been made from cuts of the final mixing, and no, I am not even doubting wether the show will have those sound effects
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I am really looking forward to this I just love the Light Novel. Raphtalia's voice fits her so well.
Flü

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:47 am Reply with quote
I couldn't unsee the idiot spear-hero looking strikingly like Mordred/Saber of Red from Fate/Apocrypha in his civilian clothes at the beginning (hair and color-scheme).

Otherwise this adaptation continues to look and, above all, SOUND way too good for how hit&miss the source-material has been. Will watch it for Kevin Penkin's OST alone.

Also, I gotta admit that, seeing them in color now, the character&outfit designs are really damn good. Much better than what you find in many other Isekai-shows.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:24 pm Reply with quote
jenthehen wrote:

that's pretty ignorant of the genre; a lot of options open by having characters (note even the mc nowadays) come from the modern world that would be ridiculous or worse if they tried them with a regular fantasy. I'll assume that is because youa re voicing your opinion based on 50% or os of the ones that got animes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2