• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Hot-Blooded Voice Actor Nobutoshi Canna

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaptoothsailor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
He was awesome! I feel pretty bad about the turnout to his Q&A Panel on Saturday, even though it was still pretty sizeable. The highlight was hearing about his love of cars and screaming "Griffiiiiiiiiiith!!" on request. He could have definitely drawn more people in if the actual panels had detailed information in the blurbs like "Voice of Lancer from Basara from Macross 7, Guts from Berserk, and Lancer from Fate/Stay Night!" but the only info was just the title of the panel and his name. The same thing happened with the other special guests too. Hopefully next year it's a non-issue, since I know the guidebook app can be updated in real time from the event organizers.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:55 am Reply with quote
One of my all-time faves, alongside heavyhitter classic seiyuus such as Koyasu Takehito, Kamiya Akira, Seki Tomokazu, Hiyama Nobuyuki and Yamaguchi Kappei. They're in a league of their own. Still far superior than the newer ones.

My favorite Canna character is without a doubt, Midou Ban. Damn, his screams are electrifying.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The quintessential hot-blooded hero, Canna's voice is behind some truly memorable performances, including Guts in the original 1997 TV anime adaptation of Berserk, the fiery Tasuki from Fushigi Yuugi, and of course, the speaking voice of everyone's favorite frustrated artist, Macross 7's Nekki Basara.

And Knuckles. : D
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Nobutoshi Canna will always be my definitive Guts.

His performance as Nnoitra Gilga might contribute why Nnoitra is favorite Espada.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1