Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Non Non Biyori Vacation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:10 pm Reply with quote
sounds to be about what I expected. Definitely not something I felt should've been in theaters
Zin5ki
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:49 pm Reply with quote
By all accounts, it sounds like an additional cour, or failing that a shorter OVA, would have been a better outlet to continue the series. Its resilient charm lies in its uneventfulness; something agreeable only in short doses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lemonchest
SubscriberSubscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm still holding out hope that one day we'll get a continuation of S1, with the group having to deal with Komari's impending graduation etc. Everything since has felt like the shows producers (& paying audience) balked at the realisation that the series wasn't all sunshine & happiness under the surface.
#TheGreatestP4P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Lol what? Non Non Biyori does have conflict, but not a huge stay through 12 episodes one.
nDroae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
I'm still holding out hope that one day we'll get a continuation of S1, with the group having to deal with Komari's impending graduation etc. Everything since has felt like the shows producers (& paying audience) balked at the realisation that the series wasn't all sunshine & happiness under the surface.

Renge learning about death happened in the second season. Yeah, I'd be down for some bittersweet partings and such.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain HunterBargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1