• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Modomu Akagawara's Anitomo Manga Ends on September 20

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idgal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:19 pm Reply with quote
actually like this rom-com, unlike a lot of series where the MCs don't hook up till the end of the series, it nice reading a couple dating from the beginning. you end up rooting for them and there's a lot of cute moments without the frustrations of will they/won't they.

I feel a lot of the better rom-com are like this (ie: wotakoi, my love story) because the characters are endearing.
Morry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
A shame it's coming to an end. I'll miss this one.

We've exhausted "will-they-won't-they" romances since 99.9% of the time, it's "will" but you have to wait through trite misunderstandings, drama, and interruptions to string the audience along for as long as possible.

It's much more interesting to actually start from (or reach early) the couple step since they have the same appeal (cute moments, relationship building, character development) plus wherever the author wants to take the ship from there and minus the frustration.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1