• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lght Novel Series 'Hundred' Ends in 16th Volume in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Just like the news regarding Masou Gakuen light novel also coming to an end back then, this is a great article to see.

Care to explain why or is this a case of being happy to see a certain type of series end solely because you’re not a fan of the genre? (The classic “I don’t like it, therefore it shouldn’t exist” shtick?)
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Just like the news regarding Masou Gakuen light novel also coming to an end back then, this is a great article to see.

1 end and 10 start.

The news is that Masou Gakuen author now have a new LN that is just like Overlord, but allot better. It probably will get a anime adaptation soon.
InimitableUman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Two pages in and no "I thought they had 75 volumes left" joke? Surprising.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Formoverfunction wrote:
Well, the studio that made it technically doesn't even exist anymore so...

For anime based on other material, the studio is often just a "hired hand". There are plenty of examples where the production committee goes with a different studio for a sequel.

That said, a 2nd series is quite unlikely at this point. Studios are booked well in advance (aside from the rarity of a project getting cancelled after a studio is booked), and any series looking to boost novel sales would need to at least premiere by the time the final novel hits the stores.

The series certainly wouldn't justify a sequel based on BD/DVD sales alone, as those were reported as averaging only 1,360 per video volume in Japan.
MetalGarurumon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:52 pm Reply with quote
SkyLETV34 wrote:
It's a shame that all these harem magic schools are disappearing and being replaced by isekai, I mean, I like isekai, but I don't like that one trend imposes on another instead of create a good mix.

Yeah, there are very few harem magic school LNs now. IS is ending in the next volume so I think that the only LNs left are going to be Asterisk, Akashic Records and Blade Dance.

The illustrator of this is really good, by the way. I hope that he/she keeps doing LNs in the future.
we love lain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Though I have not really read LN (yes, that's the fan translation version), I hope Hayato ends up with Claire.

Uhm no...Emilia all the way; at least she's a hell of a lot more tolerable than Claire. Emilia's actually forthright and proactive about her feelings for Hayato, qualities that are very admirable to have in a character of such a derivative series. Not to mention that Emilia's chemistry with Hayato is just more endearing and substantial than the "relationship" he shares with Claire. Plus Emilia kicks ass too, is spunky as all hell and is willing to throw down whenever necessary. Yea, Emilia's traits are more conducive to more organic character interactions between her and Hayato than Hayato and Claire.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I recall the anime have this strange tendency to have a couple of seconds of surprisingly tense moments every 3 episodes. I really wish the series was better though.

(TBH, I'm on the Claire boat too.)

Last edited by BlueAlf on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:18 am Reply with quote
Going with what I have been told on a fan discussion board of the LN series, it's more likely he will end up with Emilia but there is also a chance he could end up with Claire.
HK16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
OMG! Hundred is ending. I'll miss my waifu, Claire. I hope my ship happens. Also, I hate Emile.
Quardean27

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 pm Reply with quote
SkyLETV34 wrote:
It's a shame that all these harem magic schools are disappearing and being replaced by isekai, I mean, I like isekai, but I don't like that one trend imposes on another instead of create a good mix.

True, but for now Isekai's the norm. So if we want a decrease of the genre, we're gonna have to see and/or hold on 'til another show from another genre breaks the mold. 'Til then, we're gonna have to get use to Isekai for awhile longer.

Also, Anime News Network may want to fix the header for this article. NEWS: Lght Novel Series 'Hundred' Ends in 16th Volume in October.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:37 am Reply with quote
MetalGarurumon wrote:
SkyLETV34 wrote:

Yeah, there are very few harem magic school LNs now. IS is ending in the next volume so I think that the only LNs left are going to be Asterisk, Akashic Records and Blade Dance.

The illustrator of this is really good, by the way. I hope that he/she keeps doing LNs in the future.

Geez first Masou Gakuen HxH ending now IS too. It's sad these series are ending but I ain't gonna miss them, I don't hate Hundred or Masou Gakuen HxH but can't say I enjoyed them either. But you know good things must come to a end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2