• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: BPO Publishes Complaint About Everyone Writing in Those Late-Night Anime Complaints

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:56 pm Reply with quote
About time someone said it. Good on them.

But it probably won't stop all those complaints from continuing to pile up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:57 pm Reply with quote
I hope more children do see them tbh. I saw ninja scroll when I was 6 and I think I've grown up 20 years later and become a better person because of it. Ninja scroll is filled with so much positive morals, like to respect woman. The main character was dying from poison and the only way to save himself was to have sex with this girl. She even offered her body to him...and he hugged her then REFUSED and walked away, but then later she dies in his arms as he and she cries and it is inferred offscreen he had sex with her dead body, no longer carrying the life of the woman he respected. Respect women, kids.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The author wrote that it is the responsibility of the parent if the child is not asleep at these late hours and not a matter relating to the program's content.

Perfect reply!
a Similar reply should be used against parents that blame video games for their child's behavior
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:49 pm Reply with quote
A complaint about complaints. Kudos to this person for speaking this out. It is so annoying that these parents are looking for something to blame for not raising their children properly.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Here, here it's about time someone called out the idiots for being idiots. It's always laughable hearing about parents who believe and expect everyone else to be responsible for THEIR responsibilities. Razz

You Sir have my utmost respect.
Rednimue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
wrote:
The author cited too many complaints targeting late-night animation programs and that these programs are aired at these times so that children will not watch them in the first place. The complaint mentions that it's odd to cite "if a child might see it" as a reason to object to the program's content given the anime's time slot.

The author wrote that it is the responsibility of the parent if the child is not asleep at these late hours and not a matter relating to the program's content.

Finally someone has the courage to speak up ! A national hero for anime fans Very Happy

Kudos to him/her.

Also, even if I don't like what they do with anime in general, kudos to BPO as well for publishing the complaint about the over-abundance of complaints when they could've just ignore It and never publish It in the first place.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Whoever this person is, it's about time someone made sense of the whole BPO complaints thing. Well done!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Not all heroes wear capes.
SandyBoi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Utmost respect to whoever it was that submitted that complaint. About bloody time.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Easily the most priceless thing I’ve heard all week.
TexZero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Whoever that man or woman was needs to be nominated to public office so they can change the aging cultural issues.
CatSword

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 pm Reply with quote
This person should receive an award.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:40 am Reply with quote
Good, feels often that alot of these complaints are trollish.
HK16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 am Reply with quote
Thank you. These complaints never make sense and are just laughable. The Muten Roshi complaint still makes me laugh.
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:35 pm Reply with quote
More of a wrap around, but it's always funny to me how people will say, "Japan doesn't care about this stuff in their media," even though the BPO exists.

Of course, the BPO isn't perfect either. Some of the complaints have basis, and some are very reflective or showing a lack of responsibility and accountability.

Lots of grey stuff, but given how ~controversial~ this kind of matter is, it's never discuss properly or done justice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2