• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Expands by 1 More Hour With Boruto Premiere on September 29

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
So it'll be starting at 6:00 PM for me since I use the HD Cartoon Network. Guess I need to start preparing dinner earlier on Saturday from the 29th onward. On the other hand, woot for Toonami getting even bigger. : )
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Despite it's flaw's "many, many flaws". The Brouto anime is still a fairly decent shounen series, and I hope this draws more fans into the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LightningCount

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
How spoiler-ish is it to watch Boruto BEFORE finishing Shippuden? I've only been following Shippuden on Toonami...spoiler[so recently Sasuke beat Danzo. And from pretty unavoidable ANN and general anime community coverage, I know that Naruto becomes hokage and how some of the relationships end up. But in terms of Shippuden's plot, like the mysteries surrounding Madura and any other big surprises, is that spoiled in Boruto with flashbacks and such? Like, do they tell us exactly how Shippuden ended? Or is it more about how Naruto's son, Boruto, is having his own new adventures and the ninja world is facing new challenges? How interlinked are the plots?]
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Rarely watch Adult Swim anime live. I just DVR it and watch it later. Though I understand the concerns of others that have to watch it live.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:24 pm Reply with quote
@LightningCount I don’t recall if the exact details of the ending of Shippuden are covered in flashbacks (they may), but (spoilers tagged just in case) spoiler[the main bad guys of Boruto are related to the final enemy in Shippuden] so I don’t know that I would skip to Boruto if one is concerned about spoilers beyond what you have mentioned already.
HK16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Can't wait to hear the cries from people finish watching Shippuden then getting spoiled 1 minute later by Boruto. Laughing
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
LightningCount wrote:
How spoiler-ish is it to watch Boruto BEFORE finishing Shippuden?

Boruto's plot spoiler[starts out fairly disconnected from the final storyline of Naruto: The first story arc connects a bit to Danzo's storyline, but doesn't reveal much about the end of the Naruto series other than the fact that the good guys won, and years later Naruto became Hokage. Since Boruto and his friends were all born years after that conflict, it's not something they really talk that much about. Later Boruto story arcs, though, get more into the ending of the Naruto series, as the main plotline of Boruto (which doesn't really begin to kick in until around episode 15) deals directly with some of the stuff that happened with the final villain of Naruto. ]

Honestly I wonder if Toonami won't get a backlash from Naruto fans for airing Boruto this early. I kind of hope not, as I rather like the Boruto series, but I could see people being upset. That said, they're getting plenty of warning.
LightningCount

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. It's so convenient viewing-wise having Boruto right next to Naruto's airtime...yet I'm not sure how much more I'd want to be spoiled. (So in that sense it's really inconvenient.) I've rather enjoyed Shippuden so far, despite a lot of the negative comments it's gotten over the years. If Boruto's going to have a super-long run, I'll be even more behind on the franchise, so tough call...
Feli1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I’m glad it’s being expanded but DBZ Kai has to go or at least be pushed back a lot everyone and their grandma have seen its many reruns is ridiculous how it’s still an opener smh lol
InuKag1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 am Reply with quote
Its about time, looking forward to it
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:29 am Reply with quote
Is there some reason they can't bring back One Piece now that it's seven hours? I always remember one of the claims for why Toonami canceled One Piece was they didn't have enough room for more non-long running anime.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:49 am Reply with quote
Not surprised they got Boruto. Having it that early seems they are aiming for the younger audience. But will be popular enough to keep that slot? That is the question.

AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I love the fact that the Toonami block keeps expanding but I really hate how they moved Hunter X Hunter all the way to 1:30. Crying or Very sad

Not new. In it's early days, Toonami started at 8PM and went all the way to 6am. And someday it may slow down and go back to the shorter block.
GMArcturus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:41 am Reply with quote
Feli1 wrote:
I’m glad it’s being expanded but DBZ Kai has to go or at least be pushed back a lot everyone and their grandma have seen its many reruns is ridiculous how it’s still an opener smh lol

I'm thinking that DBZ Kai is just a placeholder for the final season of Fairy Tail whenever the english dub starts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2