• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shirobako Creators Unveil Air Combat TV Anime Kōya no Kotobuki Hikōtai

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:42 am Reply with quote
GuruBuckaroo wrote:
Think about what would have happened if after TRON or Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, studios had given up on computer animation - we wouldn't have Pixar or Dreamworks and all of the amazing work they've put out. Give it time.

The last I checked it was PIXAR that were the first to pioneer 3D animation with Toy Story. I could be wrong and perhaps it was TRON might have started but but both those films did come out before Final Fantasy: Spirits Within.

Anyway, I will give this anime a try. I was slightly disappointed that the anime look to be all CG at first when I watch the preview, but the animation doesn't look to be bad for me and it might be something I could get use to quickly so it's not major problem. Besides it's like what Buckaroo says, the more animators practice this kind of animation the better it becomes. I just don't want it to replace 2d animation like it has done with animated films in the U.S I would like if both 2d and CG anime can coexist instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Plus, better some so called moe shit rather than another harem again.

Lol, "better than another harem again". Hating moe fans to harem is like coca cola vs pepsi cola. Not to mention how much it's forced, considering that unlike the heap moe titles, harems almost don't adapt today.
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:55 am Reply with quote
The only surprising thing about this anime is that there won't be Nazi war machines.
#MuhBael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:46 pm Reply with quote
The MC design looks very cool but the other ones hm not so much. The CGI is ugly as always. Damn why can't they copy the CGI of Bubuki Buranki? Easily the best in Anime
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:10 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
I'm curious how much the show will be close to the CGDCT element and how much to the action and the through plot.

Yeah.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:23 pm Reply with quote
I was starting to work up hype, but then the CG jumped into view. I think I'll just rewatch The Cockpit for the eightieth time. I mean I might check out the initial episodes or two. Or see if the dogfighting is actual dogfighting.

If these were the best CG shots they could tease us with, I'm worried. Best foot forward guys.
HK16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Hello, Leona and Zara. Very Happy

Will give it a try, but was turned off by 3D CG. No surprise to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2