• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Multiple Final Fantasy Titles Announced for Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brynhild

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Mistaken wrote:
i freaking LOVE 9, and i wish there was a remaster of it (NOT remake), but why 7??? who the heck is going to play FF7 (besides fanboys) for how terrible it looks???? anything higher than 7 has graphics that can be interesting at best to the younger generation, but 7 is disastrous. plus there's the remake so....

imagine thinking that graphics define a game
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
I don't get why some people still get baffled when 8 is not associated to the big classic hits such as 7 and 9.

It's really very simple. It's not a fan-favorite title.

Which is interesting due to 9 being in this collection which not only was divisive among fans but sold less copies than 7 and 8.

So that's most definitely not the reason 8 is being excluded.

Skydrop wrote:
so square enix do really forget all the previous FF game (1-6).

Sure hope that's (poor) snark as the first six FF titles have been released on other Nintendo platforms (multiple times) these games though?

Have never been on a Nintendo platform. Hell VII would've been on a Nintendo platform originally had Nintendo and Sony's arrangement had led to that fabled console they were making back in the 90's

Scias wrote:

I imagine it's because the Switch's hardware can't handle the normal version of the game. It's barely stronger than the PS3 was, and that's hardware from over 12 years ago.

That along with the potential fact that the game would require a much bigger gamecard to fit on.

Mistaken wrote:
i freaking LOVE 9, and i wish there was a remaster of it (NOT remake),

Why would you want a remaster of a game from 2000 instead of a modern remake which could reintroduce the game to newer audiences and improve upon the original?

Mistaken wrote:

but why 7??? who the heck is going to play FF7 (besides fanboys) for how terrible it looks????

If people can play 9 with it's PS era graphics they can play 7 with it's early PS era graphics.

Mistaken wrote:

anything higher than 7 has graphics that can be interesting at best to the younger generation, but 7 is disastrous.

7 sold more copies than 9 so clearly no one cared about it's chibi overworld character models also while I haven't played 7 in a while but this is pure hyperbole.
skyechan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to portable 7 and 9! I never owned a PSP so I missed out on being able to take them around.

As for 8's not being included, penalty for having the draw system? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:39 am Reply with quote
VII, IX and X/X-2 have all been remastered in the past.

VIII has not.

That is why it was not named, Not because it is the "Black Sheep" of the family.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2