• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jump Force Game Adds Yu-Gi-Oh's Yūgi Mutō

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marimo0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:38 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Does 4Kids not earn a cut of the profits based on naming conventions for certain cards and VA leasing?

4Kids isn't even around anymore. The company went defunct last year. Though the people in charge of things like licensing and dubbing episodes wound up as the group 4K Media Inc., and were acquired by Konami.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:54 am Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:

You did it once. I let it go. You did it twice. Now I have to ask... do you really think his name has that letter in it?

crazieanimefan1 wrote:

I was gonna say the same thing. I think the spelling is Atem or Atemu.

I thought it did at the time and did not bother to check, but as I think about it the name doesn't have the letter l. Atemu is the correct spelling so you are right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Marimo0 wrote:
4Kids isn't even around anymore. The company went defunct last year. Though the people in charge of things like licensing and dubbing episodes wound up as the group 4K Media Inc., and were acquired by Konami.

Fair enough but the vitriol towards Konami nowadays is a waste of energy. They stick with what ensures a fair return on investment.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
So don't watch the dub then if you don't like it?

Or they can stop taking pages out of 4Kids book and make a dub that doesn't come off lazy marred by dumb looking edits.

KabaKabaFruit wrote:

Does 4Kids not earn a cut of the profits based on naming conventions for certain cards and VA leasing?

With 4Kids/4Licensing filing bankruptcy over a year ago I don't know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3